how do you cope with SAD?

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by girl.interupted86, Sep 5, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. i am depressed but am also shy. i panic in social situations its debilitating. i want to cope but i cant talk so how can i make friends? i want to know off anyone else with social/ general anxiety disorder...plz help.

2. someone please help, im sitting here waiting

3. johnsmythe

johnsmythe Well-Known Member

I have a raging case of Social Anxiety. and because of it I for the most part have no friends. So if you're looking for methods to beat it I'm afraid I can't really help you. However, if you are just looking for someone to talk to about it, feel free to pm me.

4. Isa

Isa Well-Known Member

Sighs, well

I cant really comment?

I have acute SAD

(SAD can also stand for seasonal a something depression, i forgot the word)

But yes, I have social anxiety disorder.

Mine is so extreme that I rarely leave the house.

Example, if there is no food, I do not eat. Compared to normal people, who when hungry will go to a shop and buy some.

Sighs.

So... I dont cope with it, i run away, but it makes it worse.

Talk to your doctor about CBT ( cognitive behavioural therapy ) and dont take no as an answer

5. iv done cbt though! and to be honest i cant see anyone its relly crap i think every1s starin at me. i stopped my citalopram today bcos i trid to od on sunday n i feel even worse now, im seein a psychiatrist on the 27th but there is no hope for me. i have panic attacks if i try and leave the house, i had to quit my job, but mainly its the loneliness that gets to me, i cant c my friends any more bcos by the time i c them they have all changed and i think they are betr than me which makes me akward.

i did cbt age 16-18, have 3 councillors i c a week, im on anti d's, have taken sleepin tablets, but nothing works,

since i tried to od i really really want help n my gp is rly gd but i dont think tryin cbt now will help. it didnt help b4.

im sorry u feel the way you do,m but for me the trigger was my miscarriage, iv got to get thru this!

6. Isa

Isa Well-Known Member

To help with loneliness I use www.secondlife.com

My friend suggested it to help me meet new people and get some confidence.

Helpful for me to stay sane, but didnt help me get out of the house

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.