How do you cope?

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by Bruces, Feb 17, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bruces

Bruces Well-Known Member

How do people like myself carry on everyday when you just want to not exist, everyday is such a chore it's like reliving the same hell every single day and just wishing for night time when I can go to sleep,how do you live an existance that is devoid of happiness or any kind of pleasure,how do you do it?

2. Butterfly

Butterfly Pokémon Master Staff Alumni SF Author SF Supporter

Sometimes making small changes helps. Add something in your daily routine that you wouldn't normally do that is kind to yourself. For me, when I feel myself getting low and hopeless I make sure I have a shower or a nice bubble bath, or I will sit for hours curling my hair and putting makeup on. Or I will go for a walk to get out of my house where I do so much rumination. It's always nice to get some fresh air when I am just sat being consumed by my thoughts. Finding the motivation is hard at first and is not always enjoyable even if it is something nice for yourself. But the more you do it, the easier it becomes. Breaking the cycle is not easy which is why small changes are a big deal as it helps with the bigger picture. It's not going to cure your depression overnight though, it's a long, long process and if you make small changes a long with getting professional help and therapy, you will eventually get there.

3. AAA3330

AAA3330 Well-Known Member

It's not easy. I spend a lot of time on the computer and watching tv, but my "mental hell" never really goes away. It just seems to help if I am distracted from it.

4. Bruces

Bruces Well-Known Member

I agree with that it's total mental hell,I absolutely cannot wait
    Till the day I die it really cannot come soon enough for me!

5. Bruces

Bruces Well-Known Member

I'd give anything to be dead

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.