how do you cope?

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by point-less, Oct 9, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. point-less

point-less Well-Known Member

How do you cope when you get depressed and suicidal?
    Just if you know any methods other than selfharming and stuff please post a reply.
  2. Sadeyes

Sadeyes Staff Alumni

I try a monent by monment approach; and sometimes, I forget to try at is a rollercoaster for me and sometimes I am more successful than other times...also, I use the caring and wisdom of others to get me through the rough spots...big hugs, J
  3. down-and-maybeout

down-and-maybeout Well-Known Member

i talk

i have no-one i can actually talk to in "real life" about these feelings so i make up someone in my head and talk to them.. call it what you will, but it gets me through
  4. Johnnyc

Johnnyc Well-Known Member

I try to sleep when I have suicidal thoughts. With deppression I have yet to find a coping skill.
  5. point-less

Thanks, Down- and- maybeout I did that then I started hearing voices and going potty but if it helps you then I am really glad of it x
  6. point-less

I love sleep but i'm not getting any recently, I stay up til about 4 or 5 in the morning because i'm hearing and seeing things and just constantly crying lol
  7. plates

plates Well-Known Member

there are so many different ways; i seem to do what is helpful right at that moment, without thinking. i mean if i'm sitting here listening to music, not sleeping and writing while the pain flows, i'm doing it for a good reason- i get angry while i'm in it, i don't want anyone around me. i'm not chronically depressed and self destructing anymore- what i feel is intense and could kill me but i'm getting used to it and do everything to medicate, express, let feelings flow as safely as they can for that short period :smile:

that's when i'm very agitated, anxious, depressed.

when i'm not i listen to myself best as i can. it revolves around slowing down and taking things slowly...which is frustrating for me.
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 9, 2010
  8. LillMy8989

LillMy8989 Well-Known Member

I love sleeping but when I can't I likes listen to music to just takes those "voices" and thoughts from my head plus you're getting so, so much happier by music , others I dont.
  9. Johnnyc

Johnnyc Well-Known Member

Music is a plus or a awesome movie.
  10. Confusticated

Confusticated Well-Known Member

I try to take my mind off of things, sometimes watch a movie or something on TV. Music can be rather bad if you're easily influenced by it so I try to stay away when I feel really low. Talking to myself helps a lot too. I'm not really sure when I can and can't talk to people about things now, so I just talk to myself about it. Whatever it is. That can be helpful sometimes but not always. Taking a walk might help to calm you if you have anywhere peaceful nearby. For instance, I mostly get down at night, I think it's just the moon bringing out our deeper emotions, the things we like to try and keep away, but taking a peaceful walk in the night with nobody around can be very helpful. Also, writing or painting or drawing or anything creative like that is a strong way to get out those emotions building up making you feel that way.

If nothing else, there are phone lines you can call if you need urgent help right away. I can't comment on how good these are, however.
  11. PollyAnna

PollyAnna Account Closed

Music. Writing. Sleep.Crying. Exercise.
  12. dontwannabeme

dontwannabeme Well-Known Member

Music and cutting
  13. ~Heather~

~Heather~ Well-Known Member

I believe that's called a tulpa, but usually they have "physical" forms.

Anyways, just writing down my thoughts at the time, reading previous ones, appropriate music, and video games all help.
    If you'd asked me a year ago I'd say surrounding myself with friends, but I've come to see that most of them bailed when things got serious.
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 10, 2010
  14. clouds

clouds Well-Known Member

I walk the dog when I can get myself out of the house, often its just talking to some-one in my head..Like I go over the conversations Id have with my cpn or pdoc. Often coming to a site can distract me totally for a good while
  15. itmahanh

itmahanh Senior Member & Antiquities Friend

I've tried all those and all the others. I just cant cope. At this point in time it is just out of my reach. But the one thing that always seems to slow me down and has sometimes even made me step away from an attempt is posting here. Even if no one replies, I know it's out there and it's not just in me alone with it all in my head. If I cant find the balls to post here, then I try writing it out. It usually turns into a piece of poetry or a short story. But again, it's out. And that is a lot better than when it's in. Sorry not much help.
  16. Screaminginsilence

Screaminginsilence Well-Known Member

Same here, i try to sleep

Usually cry myself to sleep asking out loud for someone to help me
  17. point-less

I did stop cutting for a while but a few nights ago I lost a friend and cut all my arms I now have 35 scars on my right arm, 37 on my left, 10 on my left leg, 6 on my right, and 14 on my stoumach i'm a giant scar altogether but idgaf.
  18. StevenSiew

StevenSiew Well-Known Member

Coping? Who says I'm coping.

Exercise, the type that make you very tired is the only way.
  19. jasonkramer

jasonkramer Well-Known Member

yay iam not alone!

i talk to my self a lot. i argue, insult, prove my superiority/inferiority to other humans. most of this talk is internal unless i know no one can hear me than i do it verbally. i talk to my self a lot around other people, it is just how i think, but if people were to hear me when iam in a bad mood then i sure i would be sent to a mental hospital.

i also find digging my nails in to my skull or some other sensation i can put my attention twords. i also try music or exorcise. oddly enough exorcise pisses me off even more but ill focus on the muscle pain rather than the hatred or sadness.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.