How do you deal when the response of people to your depression is anger/ disgust/ rejection?

Discussion in 'I Have a Question...' started by PorcelainDoll, Dec 3, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PorcelainDoll

PorcelainDoll Member

As the title says...

I want help on how to deal with that.

Feels like I want to give up.
  2. partylpoison

partylpoison Active Member

Three days ago, I wrote to this person telling how everything went since the day we last met. How much I need him, and how much I miss him. The email was composed of four paragraphs. And I thought doing that will make me feel better, but it made me feel worst because I didn't get even a single word back.
  3. Witty_Sarcasm

Witty_Sarcasm Writer, Musician, Fun Lover, Magic Maker

I mostly stopped associating with people who act that way. If they can't even try to understand what you are going through, without being hurtful, well then they aren't someone you really want in your life. I only want people who are supportive and won't tear me down even more.
    2 people like this.
  4. True-Lee

True-Lee Well-Known Member

Someone that treats you like that is expressing their opinion, that is not going to change in most cases unless and until they know the Facts, most people do not know The Facts! Part of their opinion is how you react to, what they say and how they say it. Every case is different . If the people are rude, crude , I /You can thank them and walk away, Tell them, They are ignorant. then, Walk Away,
    Tell them to Learn more about the subject, There are many answers you can give or things you can say and do, I know it hurts, most of the population, no matter where you live know next to nothing about Mental Ilness, They are Truly Ignorant, they do not know nor understand what you are going through or what you are dealing with. They react out of Fear, Out of ignorance, they have never taken the time to learn anything about it! How you react to them and what they say or do is going to affect their reaction to the next person with mental illness, someone that has no facts or knowledge about something, in most instances is going to react based on their knowledge, so in most cases that will be a negative reaction. Right or Wrong Good or Bad, how do you react to them? Think about it if a few people react badly or poorly to you, are you going to react in a negative way or are you going to be positive. Some of their Perception is based in part to your reaction, Think About it! Some People are Rude or Ignorant, you can't or won't ever change them, You might change others or at least cause them to think about what happens in the Future! I wish You The Best, be safe, Be Gentle on yourself and Others!
  5. badson

badson Member

here's my point: how to stop associating with family? and why? they're supposed to love you so there's got to be some kind of misscomunication, right? i hope so.
    and how can people that already overcame depression be ignorant about how I feel?
  6. Moat

Moat Banned Member

I ditto basically what Witty said in that I have stopped associating with any and all people who act that way or who I think would not comprehend. It does limit how much I post and reply (a bad thing, considering) but then I would rather sit alone and brood omn the things that make me feel that way in the first place rather than open up and just made to feel even worse by heartless people who comment without realising the extent of damage their words can cause.

Words are both precious and dangerous, written or spoken aloud. I try not to waste even one.
    2 people like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.