How do you deal with boredom?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bob26003

One of the things that I find results from whatever the hell is wrong with me, is boredom. Anxiety can be a great inhibitor and prevents me from doing alot. I isolate and try to stay in a "safe" zone. In the end, it probably makes things worse. But until I find a way to deal with my problems, I need to find a way to spend my time and prevent boredom. I think there is some truth to the saying about idle hands. Definately. It's kind of a double edged sword truthfully as I dont have the motivation to do jack shit either.

I was just curious to see what some of you do with yer spare time and what impact yer routines have on your depression.

:cool:

LetItGo

Staff Alumni
One of the things that I find results from whatever the hell is wrong with me, is boredom. Anxiety can be a great inhibitor and prevents me from doing alot. I isolate and try to stay in a "safe" zone. In the end, it probably makes things worse. But until I find a way to deal with my problems, I need to find a way to spend my time and prevent boredom. I think there is some truth to the saying about idle hands. Definately. It's kind of a double edged sword truthfully as I dont have the motivation to do jack shit either.

I was just curious to see what some of you do with yer spare time and what impact yer routines have on your depression.

:cool:
I know EXACTLY how you feel, bored witless, mind wandering, mind degrading if anything because its not occupied, challenged, stimulated. Physically you go to shit as well...and yet despite knowing all this, its nigh on impossible to snap out of it. I dont know, im "trying" to do things...simple things.

I know I havent really helped at all, but I just want to say...I sympathize.

I know one thing that helps...theres nothing like the smell and senses of the rain.

Sa Palomera

Matt is right, Bob. Walking in the rain really works. I do it too when I feel like shit and it's raining or when I'm bored and it's raining.

you can also always email me when you're bored, just email your thoughts or whatever, I'm here for ya, mate :hug:

Terry

Antiquities Friend
Staff Alumni
This is weird Bob, MJ and were actually talking about this last night.
That somehow we had all ended up with out routine in our lives and I said at the time that maybe it was something we could help each other with. (meaning all of us in a drift state at the mo).

What we need is some kind of structure to the days I guess and not ending up spending whole day surfing net, checking posts, checking email and generally drifting.
Even tho I have shit loads to do with the move, I'm not getting it done at the speed needed and am setting myself a schedule for the next two weeks.
We could start a diary thread so we can see who's falling back into the drift state and give em a kick up the bum...oops meant to type helping hand :dry: :laugh: God knows I could do with someone nagging me into action at the mo.

Jungr

Schopenhauer said: The upper classes are constantly bored while the working classes suffer a great burden for six days - and are bored on the seventh.

Boredom presents the initial spark of initiative: creativity or destructivity are merely answers to this question; and whatever answer we give mirrors our current sentiment, as well as our personality.

Boredom is a human, higher feeling. It places us far above the antics of our forefathers. We live through it, and we who crave far more than our fellow men are "greater" in every sense of the word.

Society is now one polish'd horde,
Form'd of two mighty tribes, the Bores and Bored.

- Lord Byron

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$135.00
Goal
$255.00