How do you deal with it when somebody cuts when on phone to you trig

Discussion in 'Self Harm & Substance Abuse' started by kath, Jan 31, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kath

kath Well-Known Member

What do you do when somebody is cuttinqg themselves on the phone whiile speaking to you and they are also describing what they are doing as they are doing it sort of thing.?i ask cos thats what happened to me the other day.

i felt useless.i was crap and i didnt know at all how to deal with the stituation and i guess even more than that i have had problems with cutting myslelf and found it very triggering so im just a total failure now..............
  2. Ignored

Ignored Staff Alumni

Maybe you could tell them that their behaviour is very unfair and that you won't stay on the phone whilst they are doing it! If they want to phone back when they've stopped (if you felt up to it) then fine, but it's a form of abuse in my opinion when someone does that.
    Hope you are ok!
  3. Abacus21

Abacus21 Staff Alumni

I'd agree with what Sarah said. It's not right on the person listening to it.
  4. kath

kath Well-Known Member

Hi there thanks for the advice.i guess the advice you have given me is the advice i would give another so what youve said to do would probably be for the best in reagards to how to handle the situation.But cos im such a failure i dont know if i can say this stuff to her.i think i would feel guilty,cruel and worry so much about what she may do after my refjection[ which is how she will sview it] bthat i will probably end usp feeling a need to make contact with her again even if i did breatk it off initally cos i feel too guilty.

She did it to me again too.She seems to do it almost every time she phones me now.Its reaally getting me down and i dont know what to do.................
  5. ruuku

ruuku New Member

i used to say 1 for 1 with my ex it made her stop so if the worst come to the worsy say that
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 10, 2010
  6. DeadSet

DeadSet Member

yh thats a terribly unfair position to be put in.I agree with the others in that you shouldn't feel obligated to stay on the phone,your feelings are as important as theirs.

ps.i like the location of the person above me,that's welsh pride right there lol.

take care.
  7. feathers

feathers Well-Known Member

Yeah, tell her she's upsetting and if she doesn't stop it you will cut yourself back over the phone!

Or less dramatically just tell her she's upsetting you and to stop it because it isn't fair.
  8. feathers

feathers Well-Known Member

Facepalm. Just realised how long ago this was.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.