How do you deal with loneliness and isolation?

Discussion in 'Help Me! I Need to Talk to Someone.' started by darkrider, Aug 4, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. darkrider

darkrider Well-Known Member

I'm 21 and I spend pretty much all of my time in my room. I've had depression for years and it feels like it's to hard to go on any more. How do you cope?
  2. mandyj101

mandyj101 Well-Known Member

hey there..
    im 21 .. and spend most of my time in my room atm .. from depression also ..
    i guess i cope from hoping that things can and will get better..
    although i do struggle 2 think this someties.. i think u have 2 beleive it 2 som extent 2 get well ..
    have u been 2 see ur doctor?.. meds and therapy can help ..
    all the best :hug:
  3. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

I practically live in my room. :unsure:

I've gotten used to being alone, although still feel lonely at times.
    The internet helps :) Don't know what Id do without it..

Are you on any meds for your depression? :hug:
  4. GA_lost

GA_lost Well-Known Member

Fortunately I have a condo to hide away in, but I still isolate. Most of my time since February has been here in my condo nest. I also use the internet as a connection. (my therapist hates this) Do you at least have another room to sit in?
  5. Mightbehere

Mightbehere Well-Known Member

Welcome to the club of lonely people.
  6. Aurora Gory Alice

Aurora Gory Alice Well-Known Member

I don't really deal with it at all. My isolation is my own doing - it's the only way I feel safe. I just keep myself very busy at home (get lots of hobbies, read a lot, watch a lot of movies).
    I've made a few friends online though and I suppose one thing the internet does do is give you a way out of your seclusion if you want it, you can go out and meet people offline? Although that's not very easy when you suffer from anxiety issues.
  7. ashes_away

ashes_away Well-Known Member

i think taking the chance to be around 3d people should be considered an adventure of the utmost neatness...look at it as the goonies..finding that old pirate ship in the bowels of that rigged cave.Someday we will make it to the treasure.:blink:
  8. Remedy

Remedy Chat & Forum Buddy

If it weren't for the internet I'd still be completely isolated. I met someone online who I meet up with every couple of months and that's all really.
    Guess it's good I enjoy my own company. But hey, if you want to make an online friend I'm just a PM away. :smile:
  9. island

island New Member

10. Tavil

Tavil Well-Known Member

Music, Literature(Both reading and writing) and computer games.
  11. Katii

Katii Well-Known Member

I live in me bedroom:blink: isolate meself from everyfink =/
    i doe reli deal wif it, i always feel lonely. but spendin time on msn n stuff teks the loneliness away a tad
  12. Scars and Memories

Scars and Memories Account Closed

I can't cope, but jacking off and music help for a short time.
  13. necrodude

necrodude Well-Known Member

i dont cope with it. i dont have a choice. well maybe i do with the isolation, but i didnt get much of a say.
  14. Toki Wartooth Lover

Toki Wartooth Lover Well-Known Member

I usually silently cry and huggle my Deddy bear..
  15. necrodude

why are so many of our stories sad?
  16. Tavil

Tavil Well-Known Member

Because we've been cast as backdrop extras in Life the motion picture.
  17. necrodude

looks like it. shame i volunteered
  18. Tavil

Tavil Well-Known Member

You don't volunteer.
    You get dragged away from your bed in the midst of night by the casting directors (AKA, the Life Nazi's).
  19. CCK

CCK Well-Known Member

Mine too... anyway, I mostly just go find something to pass time on my computer. Or sleep, my darn meds put me to sleep.
  20. Aurora Gory Alice

Aurora Gory Alice Well-Known Member

God! Did that give anybody chills! lol.
    I just got this vision of children being dragged away from their beds by casting directors aka life nazis. Way scary Eric!!!! :unsure:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.