How do you deal with not regretting missed opportunities?

Discussion in 'I Have a Question...' started by skyisburning, Nov 24, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. skyisburning

skyisburning Well-Known Member

I know it's hard to not regret a lot of things, but the hardest for me are the "woulda, coulda, shoulda" things...

So I'm wondering, how do you deal with getting rid of the regret that can be consuming?

I'm currently dealing with some... :wacko:
  2. aoeu

aoeu Well-Known Member

Fuck up something more important! It always works for me. -_-

Though catching the next opportunity is often helpful as well.
  3. All these mixed emotions

All these mixed emotions Well-Known Member

Hard to say, i try not to think about them, but its hard

Theres some serios stuff that is impossible to forget, somethings you just gotta live with.

This is a problem for smart people, they always think about regrets, its a way of trying to find an answer for why it went wrong to begin with, a part of learning not to do the same misstake.

The only "advice" i can think of is to try and learn from it and see it as a lesson of lifes cruelty... But it depends on the issue youre dealing with

4. Deanna

Deanna Active Member

The thing is, the way you imagine the outcome of choosing Door #3 instead of Door #2, could be completely different than the reality had you actually chosen Door #3. What I mean is:

For example, you might say, "Oh, I coulda taken that job in Canada! I would be promoted by now, and have a great life!" That's your fantasy of how things coulda turned out. But how do you know in reality, had you taken that job in Canada, you would have had a life-changing accident at work, or you would have lost your home in a fire?

Reflecting, and learning from the past are positives. Regret is a waste of energy. Have faith that all you've experienced up to now is part of your unique and interesting story.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.