How do you deal with rejection?

Discussion in 'I Have a Question...' started by ThornThatNeverHeals, Mar 8, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ThornThatNeverHeals

ThornThatNeverHeals Well-Known Member

I dont know how to keep dealing with this. How do you manage to deal with it? People say there are good people that will be there for a long time. But from my only experiences i know that you always lose everyone... but how can people always deal with that pain. When its a rejection of someone you are jsut beginning to try to know, and make friends with? What about a long time friend of a year or two? What about one whos been a friend longer, knows almost all of you, and wont cover your back the one time you feel you need them most? How do people deal with this? Im ready to take leave again... i dont belong around people, but before i go i jsut want to know how people manage to deal with it.
  2. Tealc

Tealc Banned Member

Dealing with rejection is always hard no matter how long you have known them, you'll always think it's something you have done or said, maybe your not a good friend or they just got bored with you.
    the truth is that some people are just not worth the trust that is placed in them, but its not your fault cowgirl .

dealing with it is down to personal preference really, i tend to believe that those who turn away from me are not worth my attention, not worth me worrying about so i just let them get on with it and cut ties with them.

but you will find a good friend so don't give up, it may take time but it will happen. just dont rush into openning up with them.

take care
  3. ThornThatNeverHeals

ThornThatNeverHeals Well-Known Member

ive accepted there is no such thing as a long term friend... i get that. and its okay. but i dont think its always their fault, or not worth my attention. thats where im getting confused.

still thanks for the explanation.
  4. Tealc

Tealc Banned Member

a true friend will always stand by you, will always be there. those who dont are not real friends and not worth the emotion, but thats just me and how i deal with it.
  5. rv498

rv498 Well-Known Member

I have not had friends since I was 15. I am 39 now. Yeah It's been tough but now I have a six year old daughter and caring wife and I feel I don't need friends. Aristotle would disagree saying we can't thrive and flourish unless we have friends. I don't know how to make friends and I don't want to try because all I get is rejection. I cope with this rejection through reading intellectually stimulating books since I don't get intellectual stimulation from anyone.
  6. Witty_Sarcasm

Witty_Sarcasm Writer, Musician, Fun Lover, Magic Maker

It's never easy to deal with rejection, and there's no way to say just deal with hurts every time. I'd rather be rejected by someone I don't know that well than a long time friend because you haven't known them as long. If people abandon you then you don't really need them in your life. Sometimes I think that everyone will eventually leave, since that's been the pattern in my life so far. But the people who really care about you will stick around no matter what.
  7. snarrylover

snarrylover Well-Known Member

I wish I felt like that. How I deal with it is so much different - I get embarassed and worried and angry when dealing with rejection. I feel worthless. But it's not healthy to deal with it like that. Tealc is right - you have to rise above it. It's all about getting to love yourself and have confidence. If they don't think you are worth it to them then they are so not worth it to you.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.