How Do You Deal?

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by Mama_Pills, Mar 14, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mama_Pills

Mama_Pills Well-Known Member

How do you deal with change?

I hate hearing my friends tell me that change is inevitable and that's why I'm losing them. I keep thinking it's something I did, but if it's this easy to lose friends then why do I keep trying? How do you deal with this kind of stuff? I'm not doing well at all.

2. masive

masive Banned Member

How do you answer this with out being blunt

Then they aren't really a friend. A freind will stand by you thur thick and thin. You have more fingers on your right hand than real friends in this world.

You don't need people like. Keep your chin up.

3. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Friends change go different ways i am told most people we meet are only aquaintances we enjoy the time we have with them then move on to new friends when they leave. Never expect too much from a friendship so when it does end you are not hurt too much. You may only find l maybe 2 true friends that will always be there for you. You change as does others try to understand and enjoy the time you have with people that come into yur life and then make more aquaintances because maybe just maybe you will find a true friend in amongst all the people you do meet. Every connection is meaningful in its own way.

4. Forgotten_Man

Forgotten_Man Well-Known Member

Those who do not study history are doomed to repeat it. Is a saying that comes to mind. Change is the result of experience. There was a time when I forced myself to be innocent and pure when it came to females. But I found that I spent more time lying to myself and others to keep that true. It took more work to remain the way I wanted instead of moving forward. I have a feeling you have the same problem. You refuse to change, and your friends cannot deal with it. Change is not always bad.

People will come and go. My online life has shown me that. I used to have friends I from all over the world that I spoke with every day. But we all grew up, and they left their computers. Real life is much the same way. I find that if people are truly your friends, they will change with you or vice versa. But in my mind the word friend is a very shallow term. There was once a time when you could be an acquaintance, but everyone just jumps straight to friend.

I am just rambling now, I think you get my point.

5. masive

masive Banned Member

Violet and "un"forgotten man have really giving you the best answer compared to me sorry.

6. Mama_Pills

It sucks because we were really close and she was going to come visit this semester, and up until a few weeks ago our relationship was fine. I know that a lot of it has to do with my extreme paranoia and worry, to the point where she made all of these plans with people this past week but didn't even tell me she was going to be home when she knew it was my Spring Break. I understand if someone doesn't want to see me, but at least tell me instead of withholding information. To me that's the same as lying.

7. masive

masive Banned Member

You deverse better!! Dont beat up about it!

8. Mama_Pills

I've never had better :(

9. masive

masive Banned Member

There is something for you to aim for x

I have very few friends. Become strong on your own that way nothing can break you. We are always here on here to help you and you can always talk to me.

Do don't beat yourself up over it.. It isn't worth it.

"if you love something let is go. If it comes back to you then it's your and if it doesn't then it was never yours in the first place"

Try Smiling x x :biggrin:

10. Mama_Pills

:\ ... It's just hard for me I guess.

All of that, haha.

I can't remember the last time I actually smiled.

11. masive

masive Banned Member

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2010
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.