How do you do it..?

Discussion in 'I Have a Question...' started by Sa Palomera, May 17, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sa Palomera

Sa Palomera Well-Known Member

How do you do it?
    If you need to talk to someone, you need to feel less alone and you need to share things, but you can't. You can't talk about what's going on inside your head. What do you do then?

And if you have a past with someone and every time you think you're completely past it. Each time you feel it finally is a closed chapter in your life, for some reason it gets ripped open again and again you end up wandering through memory-lane. How do you cope with that?

How do you live life? How do you ensure that you're not just breathing, but actually living?

Please someone help me, because my head is imploding and I can't stop it if I don't know how... :sad:
  2. andyc68

andyc68 Guest

having the past ripped open is normal, its going to happen but one day it wont be as bad, to get there you have to find someone you trust to talk about to get all your thoughts and feelings out there, holding them in doesnt help.

if you havent got a friend to speak to then you may find it easier to talk to someone here you trust or maybe a complete stranger.

but talking does help, you have just got to do it.

trust me tho, with talking it makes things just a bit better

stay safe ish
  3. Malcontent

Malcontent Staff Alumni

First of all *hugs* I know the feeling well

If you really can't talk to someone about how you're feeling you could try writting it all down somewhere and then read it out loud, almost like you're telling off whoever or whatever is making you feel like this. It can't replace talking to an actual person but it can help get some of the feelings out and that's what's making your head feel like it's gonna implode. You've got all these thoughts and no outlet for them.

As for the having a past with someone, it's ok to allow yourself to think about them. If you just suppress the thoughts they'll keep coming back again and again, usually at the worst possible moment. Let yourself feel whatever it is that your mind is telling you that you need to feel. Again the important thing is to get the emotions out, they just grow and take you over otherwise, and that's what stops you from really living.
  4. Sa Palomera

Thanks both :hug: The replies mean a lot.

I've tried saying it out loud to nobody in particular, like Mal suggested, but it doesn't help. It only makes me upset.
    I know I shouldn't suppress feelings and thoughts about a past with someone, but it's like.. Whenever I do think about it, I get so confused and hurt. And angry.

It's like lately I've built a wall around me again, not letting anyone know what's really going on inside. And in a way it feels safe, but it's making me go nuts at the same time, even though I just can't talk about what's going on inside :sad:

I'm stuck *sigh*
  5. andyc68

andyc68 Guest

sooner or later you will have to let someone in, those walls won't help you.
  6. Sa Palomera

I know :sad: I had them down, but I don't know. The last few weeks they seem to have rebuild... Hard to say how come, but like all of a sudden I couldn't share my core feelings and thoughts anymore. Only the little things :dunno:

Urgh I'm babbling now, I'll shut up lol.
  7. andyc68

andyc68 Guest

hows those walls ish? have you taken a sledgehammer to them yet ? :tongue:

hope you are feeling ok today
  8. Stranger1

Stranger1 Forum Buddy & Antiquities Friend

You don't know me Ish. Just thought I might give you a way to vent those anger moments. Go somewhere that is isolated and no one around. Then just scream at the top of your lungs, scream until you can't scream anymore. This doesn't work for everyone. Just give it a go and see if it helps releive those thoughts that are making you angry. Good luck:chopper:
  9. kittyD

kittyD Well-Known Member

Re: digger

Even more than screaming, jump up and down, kick some dirt, have a good ole fashioned temper tantrum. I actually ended up soing that once and it was a good release.kD
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.