How do you do it?

Discussion in 'I Have a Question...' started by closertolove, Oct 12, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. closertolove

closertolove Well-Known Member

How do you let yourself become vulnerable enough to fall in love? And once you're vulnerable enough, how are you sure it's real?

2. Seano

Seano Well-Known Member

I tend to leave that side up to the other party thesedays.
    I look at the expenditure change in the bank statements at the end of each month.

3. Chargette

Chargette Well-Known Member

Love just happens. It's best to be friends for a good year first. I discovered the hard way it might be me who falls out of love.

:hug:

4. closertolove

I just don't know yet how to be vulnerable enough to let an opportunity at love in

I mean, I'm also thickheaded enough I let chances pass right by... and I'm only realizing now...

5. Vangelis

Vangelis Well-Known Member

I just take that risk and jump in, but only after a period of time and if she's still with me after a year and doesn't change at all..then I think I'm sure that it's love.

6. closertolove

So if they still care after a year, that's love? That's the answer?

7. Chargette

Chargette Well-Known Member

A year gives both of you a chance to see how both of you really are. By that time your bond has formed and you know it is love.

8. Kris.T

Kris.T Well-Known Member

I wish I remembered how I did it. Letting yourself be vulnerable enough to let someone that close to you, is one of the hardest things to do in life. IMO.

9. TaraB3ar

TaraB3ar Well-Known Member

This is going to sound really cliche but its true...

Falling in love with someone is not a choice, you dont have to chose to be vulnerable to someone it will just happen. If you love them you wont be scared to be vulnerable either, you'll want to share everything with them. And if you love someone you'll know it, trust me.

10. closertolove

I dont know why love is so daunting and terrifying for me... to me, it just seems like the hardest thing to do

11. TaraB3ar

TaraB3ar Well-Known Member

It is hard dont get me wrong, but its also so worth it. its the best thing you can experience. even if it ends and it hurts sometimes I dont know anyone who would take back the experience, myself included.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.