How do you do this?

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by Shock, Apr 14, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shock

Shock Well-Known Member

Hey all,

Just thinking, what would you do in this situation?

Im so stressed at the moment. This week is meant to be my Easter holiday break from college. I just want a few days to chill out take a breather and relax but I cant. The reason being is that I have these freelance jobs on. It seems so weired, I know I am very lucky to have people wanting to give me work especially in this financial climate and especially considering that I am still a student. These jobs dont pay well, but the upside is Im learning and gaining experience. The downside is I really should be studying for when College starts again. Also, I have a normal part time job I need to sustain myself (cant rely on irregular payments of freelance stuff). I havent seen my firends in a long time either because of study, and Im worried my girl friend might be feeling neglected.

So I guess the question is what would you do?

1. Take the freelance jobs:
    Upsides: learn a lot from them, build a reputation and portfolio, earn a bit of money on the side.
    Downsides: neglect your social life, friends, family, girl friend, be stressed and tired and feel guilty about not studying.

OR

2. Dont take the freelance jobs:
    Upsides: More time to spend with friends, family, girl friend, relax more, study for when college resumes.
    Downsides: Miss out on opportunities to start career and learn, feel guilty about missing such opportunities, may develop bad reputation for turning down work.

hmm haha yeah what would u do?

2. shades

shades Staff Alumni

Speaking from experience, on the wrong end I might add, TAKE THE FREELANCE and jumpstart your career. The family ties and gf should understand and be supportive; if they are not, well, this part you might need to play by ear, but it shouldn't get to that. Good Luck!

3. Zurkhardo

Zurkhardo Well-Known Member

I second Shades' motion. On top of that, just go with the flow. If you miss this oppurunity, you may never get another and you'll never know what could've been.

However, if you go for it, you can at least try it and see for yourself. Then you take it from there.

Good luck man!

4. jameslyons

jameslyons Well-Known Member

Yes! Do your freelance work. Your family and girlfriend will be very supportive. Plus you don't have to work all the time. Make a conscientious decision to spend one hour on your girlfriend (if it's serious) otherwise one hour every other day.

5. WildCherry

WildCherry Staff Member ADMIN

There's not much to add except to say that I agree with what's already been said. I would take the freelance jobs.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.