How do you escape your thoughts?

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by Supreme_G, Sep 2, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Supreme_G

Supreme_G Member

Today it has been exactly one month since my suicide attempt and most of the time I'm happy I was rescued but sometimes, just sometimes, it's really hard to not go back to that dark place.

How do you guys deal with that dark feeling of loneliness? That feeling where an hour feels like a day and a day feels like a second? The feeling that you deserve every ounce of pain because you really did screw up your own life and you can't blame anyone else.

Feeling alone is so hard.
  2. Know the feeling,
    Usually a bottle of vodka cures it for me...
  3. Supreme_G

Supreme_G Member

I'd drink myself into a stupor if I thought it would help.
  4. johnnysays

johnnysays Well-Known Member

I don't normally feel that way, but I've felt that way when I don't do homework or don't study for a test on time or don't meet obligations or expectations placed on me by family, myself, friends or society.

When people have disabilities or circumstances that impede their efforts at meeting obligations or expectations, I believe that this leads to more occurences of failure in their life. This failure can build up until they get suicidal or addicted to some activity or substance in order to dull the pain. I just thought of that now, you think I'm somewhere near the truth of it or not? Sounds about right to me.
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 2, 2009
  5. Angelo_91

Angelo_91 Well-Known Member

upbeat music, video games, movies are a good escape
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.