How do you face each day?

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by Deanna, Oct 19, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Deanna

Deanna Active Member

How do you get up in the morning and face people?

I really want to know how other people do it because it just seems to get harder to keep going through the motions, pretending everything's okay.

2. PollyAnna

PollyAnna Account Closed

With grace.

3. MightyMatt

MightyMatt Well-Known Member

It's hard but I force myself... sometimes even if its just to pop to the shop for a paper and to say hello to the person on the check out... Sometimes thats all I can manage in a day... You have to try.

4. hollowvoice

hollowvoice Senior Member & Antiquities Friend

with dread that it'll be the same as yesterday and the day before that etc

5. Confusticated

Confusticated Well-Known Member

Just one step at a time. Don't over think it, and don't wake up thinking you HAVE to do this, this and this. Just take things easy, one step at a time, and hopefully things will start to look up. Even if it's just getting out of bed and putting some clothes on, it's better than staying in bed and laying there all day.

Also, remember. Yesterday you were dreading the next day, but you made it through. So you must be able to make it through again.

6. aoeu

aoeu Well-Known Member

With drugs to help me. Antidepressants are of great value to the depressed.

7. lurktheshadows

lurktheshadows Well-Known Member

I don't know,

I can't do it anymore either.
    I actually feel guilty that people have to look at me and my hideousness.
    And my anxiety is becoming unbearable

8. Madam Mim

Madam Mim Well-Known Member

To be honest, I really don't know how I do. It's a struggle sometimes, but most of my life revolves around hiding my depression, so I have to show up at uni and work in order to prevent suspicion.

I also have what's known as a 'strategic survival personality', which I acquired to survive boarding school from the age of 7. This is probably what keeps me going, as I feel that I can't stop functioning and just have to keep going, even though it's killing me.

I do think it's important that you make sure that you do get up and do at least one thing every day, preferably outside, like going to the shop, but if that's too much then make sure that you achieve something each day, like making a cake, or cleaning, or maybe start making your own Christmas cards. At least then you'll feel like you've been productive, which will help a lot and make it slightly easier to get up tomorrow.

Mim

9. Anime-Zodiac

Anime-Zodiac Well-Known Member

When i'm really down, it varies how hard or easy it is to get up. I just feel like staying in bed and sleeping. But what is really needed, is for me to get up and face the world. It doesn't have to be full on, it can be at my own pace.

Take each day as it comes. Or in some cases, take each hour as it comes.

10. Darkness Inside

Darkness Inside Account Closed

Im not sure how I face each day either, I gets harder, pretending everything is in, I don't really do you know public crying or stuff like that. If some one talks to me based on who it is ill either ignore the Pearson or say hello or make an excuse not to talk.

11. LotusFlower

LotusFlower Antiquities Friend

sometimes the only thing I can manage is getting my daughter to school and home. Beyond that I don't go out. I don't take the bus unless I have to I don't grocery shop unless I have some one I trust with me. Its hard and my doctor pointed out that I am shutting myself off and closing my self in. So I have made efforts to try so I went to the library. I like the library because it is quiet and most people don't bother with you. I just find a corner and read.
    Because of my daughters issues I spend alot of time acting like everything is okay when its not. Medication helps too, getting a good dr, and mental health worker, and having at least one person who phones me everyday wether I want her to or not to make sure I am okay.

12. plates

plates Well-Known Member

I listen to myself as best as I can.

13. Youlleatamuffinandlikeit

Youlleatamuffinandlikeit Well-Known Member

By realising that you become successful the minute you start pursuing a worthwhile goal! (The first of which is to get out of bed hehe)

14. am I alive

am I alive Well-Known Member

I don't face ppl since i am most of the time alone...i spend time on computer, l learn languages, playing guitar, read books sometimes, and when i am really depressed and suicidal i listen music and smoke cigarettes, when i am bored of my room i travel to the capital city and spend day walking through the streets or sitting at places i like, alone again...well, all in all i am waiting the day when i will decide to die and leave this world or maybe, maybe there is a small chance that i will find a job some day and meet a girl who will love me and have a family, maybe...

15. Tish

Tish Member

i take a warm shower, it's comforting and it's a good start to the day. it's not as hard to go from bed to a warm shower then once you're out of bed it's easier to get dressed and do stuff. i really find it helps!!

16. boo

boo Well-Known Member

I talk to people on msn or on sf. Chain smoke, do drugs and eat. Watch movies repeatedly. Same crap i've been doing for years.

17. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

I don't. I spend many a day in bed without getting out. I hate myself for it.

18. MightyMatt

MightyMatt Well-Known Member

Great post! Very positive, simple, humorous and at the same time very truthful.

19. MiraWolf95

MiraWolf95 Account Closed

I tell myself that I'm human just like everybody else and that I'm not ready for death, so I might as well live this day and live it my way.

20. plates

plates Well-Known Member

in an "acute crisis" i live by the minute and hour, when the brunt of it has passed, i'm usually partying in my own way.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.