How do you find courage?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tweetypie

Antiquities Friend
AWW honey *big hug* you are not a coward for not feeling able to ask for help. I think it comes down to your sense of self worth. Sometimes we feel like we arent as good as other people and we dont deserve their time or we think THEY will think that . It is his job to help you he is paid to do so and you have the right as a student and a valuable person to ask for that help. I know it is difficult to change how we feel. Dont think of it as you are bothering him but that it is his place to help you and advise you of your options. I hope you do go back and see him xx

total eclipse

SF Friend
Staff Alumni
Hi the coucillors at your school want to help okay that is why they went into that profession You do not have to be afraid they are there to help you so let them. You can do this for you okay they will not judge you they will help hugs

Thank you. Yeah, I have no feelings of self worth. It's what brough me here I guess :L
I was...am just so scared about what he'll say if I tell him. It will change my life no matter what he says. If he says that I'm actually ill then I'm going to have to see a psych or a doctor or something. If he doesn't then I don't know what I'm going to do.
I'm going to go back and see him (I had a really bad night on saturday where I was crying and shouting until about 3 in the morning) but I hope next time I don't end up crying or cutting again.

CS xxx

icequeen

:hug: to you for even making the effort. you felt bad cos it took a lot for you to eventually act on the decision, the fact you did is a success, the only unfortunate thing was him not being there, but you didnt know that so you didnt fail you succeeded in your mission, but the outcome wasnt what you had hoped, so dont beat yourself up over it. you expected to get some sort of diagnosis and it was being unable to get this that made you feel the way you did, just keep trying.

i can take hours just to convince myself to leave the house, i cant leave before 1100 as that has proven to be the optimum time and most times i am still in bed at 1030 still trying to talk myself into getting up and going for walk. its the same with medical appts...lot of effort to get there. psych appts are the worst cos they always at 0930 so that takes more effort. i am sure many here can tell you the same thing, so dont feel bad, you are not weak.

low self esteem or confidence, lack of motivation, fear of rejection or being laughed at or thought stupid can all stop us reaching out but you have to weigh that up against not reaching out, maybe it will make you feel worse and harder to help, get control now...after all, 99% of these peeps you will never see again once you leave college so to hell with them, put yourself first, you are worth it. :hug:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$145.00
Goal
$255.00