How do you get on the right track..?

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by mortdesinos, Mar 17, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mortdesinos

mortdesinos Well-Known Member

..when you're so far off the beaten path? Some of us have family, mental health workers, peers.. but nobody seems to understand us except ourselves. We know what many of us are going through, to an extent. But how do we get better?

2. * niamh *

* niamh * Guest

that's exactly how i feel...apparently i'm supposed to just 'snap out of it' when other people tell me to
    if you ever find an answer to that let me know *sigh* :sad:

3. dazzle11215

dazzle11215 Staff Alumni

:)

i know what you mean. i have all kinds of community supports - nurse, psych, counselling.... but i still feel a bit lost.

best advice i got was "one foot in front of the other"

which i choose to interpret as do your best each day, and take it one day at a time

catherine

4. itmahanh

itmahanh Senior Member & Antiquities Friend

I know that being here and with the other members and friends I've made, is the best medicine I have to help me through my mental health issues. All the docs and professionals really have no idea what I'm going through, but people here do. And the caring and love from SF certainly is a step in the right direction towards that "path". Certainly use the advice and suggestions from the doc and such, but never underestimate the power you can feel from the help you can find here.

5. Sadeyes

Sadeyes Staff Alumni

I think we have an internal voice, called the 'truer self' which we must befriend and recognize...meditation help me find her...I do nøt always function from her perspective, but I have begun to know who she is...this voice tells me a less distorted state of how I am doing..finding this voice has been helpful...big hugs, J

6. ggg456

ggg456 Guest

I don't know if I'll ever be on the 'right track' but I'm okay where I am now. I think I'm on a good track right now.

I generally told the world to 'fuck off' for good this time, as my girlfriend says I do very well with certain people, but on a certain day last year it was "the world" rather than just a person or a few people :dunno:.

Last edited: Mar 18, 2008
  7. downnout

downnout Well-Known Member

I know what you mean.

8. amicus

amicus Antiquitie's Friend

Time. Focus on yourself and time will bring you better understanding.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.