How do you get out of a "creative lull"

Discussion in 'I Have a Question...' started by SAVE_ME, Nov 9, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SAVE_ME

SAVE_ME Well-Known Member

I used to enjoy drawing, writing, stuff like that, but it's been years since I've picked up a pen and paper. I really want to get back into it, but how do you get out of a creative slump that you've been in for so long? There's nothing worse than wanting to do something but having no ideas or nothing.

2. Tobes

Tobes Well-Known Member

I totally understand where you're coming from Sean, I myself have been in a creative slump for about 7 months. I think the key is to start off small, and do it regularly. Draw something simple, or write a few sentences about a topic that interest you. Do it again and again, and add a little more each time. Before long I think you'll be back to your old creative self. Also, don't think that you can't create anything, because you can write posts and add to conversations, which is a form of creation.

3. aki

aki Well-Known Member

Try and find insipiration. Read as many books as you can or go to an art gallery, or just search random words in google images. Go for walks and take interest in everything, nature, people. Listen to lots of music. Take in as much as you can and have a notebook or something with you always that you can write little ideas or observations or draw things. After a while something that you've seen will trigger something in your brain and ideas will come.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.