How Do You Get Over A Heartbreak?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends and Relationships' started by emozillapwnsyourface, Sep 20, 2009.

1. emozillapwnsyourface

emozillapwnsyourface Well-Known Member

i`d really like to know :/
    because I have no idea.

He basically killed me last night, he ripped my heart out and ate it puked it up and then stomped on it and fed it to his dog.
  2. emozillapwnsyourface

emozillapwnsyourface Well-Known Member

Also sometimes I cant get on here and if you willing to talk to me and you have texting text me

<mod edit-gentlelady-personal information>
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 20, 2009
  3. Menchi

Menchi Well-Known Member

Truth is, its seriously hard to get over, depending on how deep you got attached emotionally.

The first thing you have to accept is that it will take a lot of time, and that it will hurt, and nothing you do is going to stop that. There are always ways of escaping for a time (personally, i did everything from self harm and attempted suicide, to drinking a lot, taking the "i don't care attitude" to try and not think about it... and pretty much everything else you can think of most likely), but they wont make it easier.

The three things i can tell you know, which you may not be able to believe, but i promise you are true from experience, is that it wont neccessarily fully heal, depending on how attached you were (and i can tell from this post that you were), that you will get through this, despite the pain right now, if you give it time it will get better, and that you can move on, and in time find someone else far better.

First take the time to feel the pain that the break up has caused you... try not to rely on escape mechanisms to avoid it, but don't dwell on it either. Give it its time, but also let it heal. He is not worth giving the time over, and second guessing what had happened between you. And once the pain starts to fade away, then try to reflect rationally on what had happened. There are lessons to learn, even from the worst break-ups, which will make you stronger, and more able to move on in future. In the end, you are the one who has to make your future. He could not take your heart, as it is still there, feeling. You are not any less without him in your life, in fact, you can be much more if you take the lessons from it.

If you want to talk to someone who's been through the same pain, then feel free to send me a message. I don't have all the answers, but i'll help you any way i can.
  4. fromthatshow

fromthatshow Staff Alumni

Well I certainly haven't been doing a good job of it. I'm still in love with a girl I broke up with a year and half ago.
    But, I think the only way to get over heartbreak, or loss of any kind, is to recognize whatever they gave you, and start to try to give some of that to yourself. If they made you feel loved, learn to love yourself. If you comforted you, learn to comfort yourself ... etc...
    PM me anytime though I know how hard it is, I do. :hug: :heart:
  5. BioHomocide

BioHomocide Well-Known Member

I don't know how to answer this....cause I am still suffering from heartbreak.

It just hurts so much that it makes me cry and then I feel stupid for crying over someone who hurt me so much.

Perhaps the best thing you can do is just try to forget and move on.