How do you get over insecurities?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I

Insecure2010

In the past I've been lied to. Been told people don't have feelings for people when they do. Been told people love me when they don't. Been told there is nothing going on where there is.

I'm in a relationship with a man I love. Totally adore. And deep down I believe he loves me too. So why am I so insecure?

I can't stand it. The not believing. The having to ask every couple of days if he loves me, and wants to be with me. The crying. The not being able to believe what I *know* is true.

When we are together it's fine .. but it's when I'm alone. The insecurities come back.

I need to sort this out before I lose him. He doesn't deserve what I put him through. He deserves so much more.

Any ideas? Anyone?

Hazel

SF & Antiquitie's Friend
Staff Alumni
Re: How do get over insecurities?

When we are hurt by others, insecurities creep in and when we are depressed those little niggling doubts soon grow in our minds to something much bigger.
I think we need to learn to love ourselves before we can believe others love us. Do you like yourself? If the answer is no, then try to think of just one thing that you can change that will begin to change that feeling.
Maybe I'm totally on the wrong tract here but when we are depressed we tend not to like ourselves so it stands to reason that we will think others won't either.
Remember this person doesn't have to be with you, he's there because he WANTS to be, given him credit for his good judgement!

Last edited by a moderator:

endlessskies58

i find that i have the problem of thinking too much or overanalyzing something to the point of tears... when in actuality... i should just sit back and enjoy the ride because we only get to live this life once...

don't worry or think about what could be or not be... just enjoy the now... whatever happens, happens. just enjoy this relationship for the beauty of it!

I

Insecure2010

Hazel: Thank you for your reply. You are right, he is with me because he wants to be and that is the biggest thing. And that's a very good point about me not liking myself so I assume other people don't either. I'll have to have a think about the one thing I can change lol.

Endless: Thanks for your reply aswell. I've been there with the overthinking ... shit isn't it. :hug:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$70.00
Goal
$255.00