how do you get over someone?

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by randomperson, Apr 14, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. randomperson

randomperson Member

theres no reason for me to be happy. ive been depressed for a while and for some reason i felt.. happy today. i knew its false hope and it would just explode on me, and it did. how do you get over someone? sigh i dont even feel like explaining how i feel. im pretty numb right now, emotionally. but yes, how do you put someone behind you, when they still mean so much to you.

2. Smythe

Smythe Well-Known Member

I wish I could offer some kind of great helpful advice instead of what I have but..
    the only thing that has ever worked for me is just breaking all contact and giving my self time. Meeting new people would also sometimes help.
    I know, that kinda sucks, I might as well say 'just sit and suffer for a while'
    I'm sorry about that.

3. randomperson

randomperson Member

honestly now i just feel like crap again and i dont want to go sleep.. im just going to wake up feeling like even more crap. sigh i hate this feeling.

4. Angelo_91

Angelo_91 Well-Known Member

only time can heal =\

5. randomperson

randomperson Member

question about hope.

So sometimes i get these feelings of hope or happiness.. and i always think of it as "false happiness". this is because there is no reason for me to be feeling this happy, or what im being so happy about is fake and will just tear down eventually. right now i have this false hope and im decently happy. but i know.. i know it will tremble and put me into that depressed hole from where i crawled out of. so my question is.. when you know you have false hope that makes you happy, and you know itll die out and make you sad again.. what do you do? do you continue to cling onto this hope to feel stable and happy.. but knowing it will just make you depressed again. or do you just admit your being happy for a false reason and just.. break yourself out of it? but if you do that then.. how will you be happy? haha. if anyone can get my point.. im not that good at explaining things. thanks for listening though.

6. dazzle11215

dazzle11215 Staff Alumni

Re: question about hope.

i totally get your explanation of 'false' happiness. on my road to recovery i would feel at peace, filled with hope and totally relaxed for a few hours at a time, and then my black cloud would return double force. those little rays of sunshine were almost worse than the depression in a way, because they didn't last.

still, it was good to feel the sun on my face for a few hours. i'm now 4 months into treatment ... treatment that has been intensive and very, very hard work. but it has been worth it. because of all of my hard work those 'false' happy moments became 'fleeting' and now come to me every day, sometimes for almost the entire day. i don't think of them as false anymore. i just think that they are a part of my soul, the healed, happy and content part of me that is beginning to grow.

7. BrokenChaos

BrokenChaos Member

Re: question about hope.

Honest truth....
    You dont get over it...
    You cry till you fall asleep...
    You think about it all the time...
    You pray that it all gets better...

But, then you shove it down... Start remembering the good things and think of those... Sometimes they will make you smile, other times they will make you cry...

Sometime down the future, it will rise up again, but it will be a pleasant memory of the times or situations you have had... You wont get over it, you will just pass through the moment....

Dont go chasing groups if you dont feel like it...
    Read a book, watch tv.... pig out...
    But dont do drugs or booze as this gets you nothing...

A good heart like yours, with much care for someone, will get hurt many times... Its how we are.... Close you eyes and smile when you think of the person.... It helps ease the pain...

Take care :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.