how do you get over...

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by j0rd4n, Mar 29, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. j0rd4n

j0rd4n Guest

i honestly need an answer, or a solution. basically im depressed about losing someone dear to me and it just feels so empty without that person. and i have to get over this person and forget about them. how? how can one just set such a thing aside.

tell me, has anyone here been indirectly in denial and just busied themselves as much as they could so they wont have to think about reality? when im busy i dont think about these things and when im alone and think about it.. i just get smacked in the face and realize the truth. please how do you get over it? how do you put it behind you when you can just keep it away. i dont see how i can get over this issue of mine. what gets me through day to day is looking forward to things; one main thing was this person i lost, another is small things im using to keep me going.

honestly just busying myself to ignore these issues dont help. finding a replacement wont help. im in such denial about this person i lost. i just cant let go and move on. how do any of you deal with this? if you were in this situation. im sure theres other people that are in somewhat the same situation, busying themselves and what not. what can i do to just get over this. sigh i never thought id talk so much on this forum but here i am. thanks.

2. dazzle11215

dazzle11215 Staff Alumni

i think time is a great healer. i know it's a cliche but there it is. when my last serious relationship ended i cried every night for a month. it probably took two years until i felt okay.

but if it hurts so much you are thinking about suicide, after all that's where we are, i think counselling might help. once you start thinking alot about suicide then it can really help to have professional supports. is there anyone you can talk to?

3. j0rd4n

j0rd4n Guest

no one other than that person. or people here. i could talk to my other friends about it but it wouldnt help too much. i know what they would say and.. yeah. im feeling this depressed feeling again, and its wanting to just scream out. has anyone felt that feeling in their stomach, and whenever they breathe in it just grows? i dont know what im complaining about anymore. i dont even know what i want anymore. right now, to be honest, im not thinking of how to fix anything. i just feel depressed and i just want to take this depression out. sigh im just so bothered about this.

what do you guys do when you feel like this. id try to go game it off or run it off but it just comes back to me after im done.. just in a way where i can manage it. sigh id ont know what i want anymore, i just feel really crappy.

4. Terry

Terry Antiquities Friend Staff Alumni

Been there, am still wearing the t-shirt.
    It's a year on and still something will set me off again.
    Keeping busy is good :smile: Go out and about and try to do something different, that helps too.
    I chat on skype and msn with peeps I've met here and they have helped more than I can say. :hug:

5. dazzle11215

dazzle11215 Staff Alumni

i believe it is very hard to fight depression on your own. i was so depressed three months ago that i attempted. since then i'm on anti-depressants, see a community psych nurse weekly, exercise daily, no daytime napping, learned more about depression and mental illness by getting some books from the library, i have a psych i see once a month and weekly therapy. it's taken me three months of hard work to come back to life, and i can say i would not be hear without those supports.

the main thing is that my thinking was so distorted. everything that happened i felt was evidence of what a loser i was. i was lonely, so i isolated myself even more, and became lonelier.

it took baby steps at first: get up, get dressed, and get out of the house for a 5 minute walk. and then we built on this.

if you think of suicide often please think about telling someone, your doctor for instance. there are more people than you ever imagined who are willing to help you,

catherine

6. Terry

Terry Antiquities Friend Staff Alumni

Dazzle!! :hug: :hug:

Very good advice there Jordon, depression does colour our way of thinking and often makes it impossible to think rationally or constructively.
    It can be something that lies quietly on a back burner too, so you carry on as if you're fine but go to bed in desperation every night.
    Talking to your doctor about how you're feeling might be an idea. :hug:

7. A_pixie

A_pixie Well-Known Member

I always try to remember that the world is a big place and I cannot possibly have seen all the good/beauty in it. That's what keeps me waiting around for that person/thing that is truly going to blow me away...please keep faith that it will happen for you. There is something out there for everyone, it's human nature to find it, how ever long it takes...but it will be worth it when it does happen and you will be so relieved you stuck around for it.

Please hold on...PM me if you want to talk, I'm here for you :)

xxxxxx

8. Random

Random Well-Known Member

One day at a time. That's just the way it works. Fresh wounds hurt the most.

9. j0rd4n

j0rd4n Guest

i just want to say thanks, reading those responses helped. i think whats going to end up happening is me just ignoring it, bottling it up inside me to the point where i ignore it. sure that will make me to a degree where ill be calm enough to handle it, but when im reminded of it itll just haunt me. haha i dont know, but yeah. thanks you guys, ill post here whenever im down.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.