• Both the IOS/ Apple Iphone/ Ipad and the Android/Google versions of the sites mobile app are now available for download from the resources page. The app is free for all members. This app will allow you to get notifications on your mobile device whenever a thread or forum you watch has a new post, when your thread or posts get replies, when you recive a private message, etc. The links to download the app are in the resoiurces area - https://www.suicideforum.com/community/resources/categories/example-category.1/

How Do You Get Places?

Status
Not open for further replies.

gypsylee

SF Supporter
Hi Everyone :)

I’ve got an appointment with my GP in an hour. It’s about 20 mins drive and I live alone, so I just go by myself. If I can’t manage that it’s quite a drama. I’ve used taxis before because my support is just so limited and public transport is more stress than it’s worth where I am.

I’m curious — how do you get to where you need to go?

Cheers,
Gypsy x

Sunspots

Forum Pro
SF Supporter
Hi Gypsy

My GP is at the end of my road. If my husband comes with me, we walk. I tend to drive there if I'm on my own as I feel safer in my car, less conspicuous.

We live in a small village, public transport and amenities are very limited so having a car is pretty essential here. I love driving which is pretty lucky living here :)

Lu x

Witty_Sarcasm

Eccentric writer, general weirdo, heedless heathen
I don't drive so I usually walk to where I need to go, as long as the weather is fine and it's 2 miles or less. Otherwise I get rides from friends and people I encounter along the way. Sometimes I take a taxi, but that can be expensive, and there is a van that goes around town for about a third of the price, so I get that when I can.

Walker

Everything Zen
Staff member
ADMIN
SF Social Media
SF Supporter
Interesting thread.
I've never taken public transport in my own city, only when on vacation or something.
I just drive places. There's nothing even really close enough where I am right now to walk to. I'm in city housing area so it's all houses, houses, houses for quite a ways.

Aprilflowers7

I walk or I get rides from family. I live right next to a store and if I don't go to Walmart with family, I will go to the store next to me even if the prices are a little high. I live right next to a pharmacy as well and can walk there if I run out of medication. I also live near a dollar store and a few restaurants which I can also walk to.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$465.00
Goal
$255.00