How do you get rid of the fog?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I call it the fog but I don't know if it makes sense to anybody. It's like being trapped in your own brain except you don't really understand what your brain is doing. But you've got this great insight like you can precisely see what's wrong with you but your mind is too confused to snap out of it.

I don't even know how to explain it. Am I the only one who experiences this?

I've been like that for a week. I'm having this emotional rollercoaster except it's all in my head and it's exhausting too.
:sigh:

How do you get rid of it? I've got things to do but I can't bring myself to do them because the fog is paralysing me. wtf it's a miracle I even wrote this.

cutiepie132

When I was really depressed, it was hard for me to think straight and make good decisions. It helped me to talk to a psychologist, he always had the best advice, and I usually took it.

bluegrey

Antiquities Friend
I get brain fog when in a depression or after poor sleep but this condition can even be caused by allergies. There are certain chemicals-like when I work with paint stripper that virtually shut my concentration down. I don't know what to do about it when it is happening other than to just try harder to remember something or find that word that I can normally articulate. The fog usually lasts no longer than a couple of days for me.

I've got things to do but I can't bring myself to do them because the fog is paralysing me.
OMG, do I understand this... I intellectually know the things I need to do to get my life functioning somewhat normally, but get becalmed in this "fog" composed of "What if I fail" and "No one else cares, why should I?", amongst other things.

Meds help some, as they let me get motivated enough to keep me from staying in my bed weeping and sleeping. I can now get myself fed, bathed, and get some of the housework done. I've even got a tiny exercise program going, which in turn makes me feel more alive. Feeling alive and engaged with the world seems to be key--if I figure out how to connect more, I'll write!

OMG, do I understand this... I intellectually know the things I need to do to get my life functioning somewhat normally, but get becalmed in this "fog" composed of "What if I fail" and "No one else cares, why should I?", amongst other things.

Meds help some, as they let me get motivated enough to keep me from staying in my bed weeping and sleeping. I can now get myself fed, bathed, and get some of the housework done. I've even got a tiny exercise program going, which in turn makes me feel more alive. Feeling alive and engaged with the world seems to be key--if I figure out how to connect more, I'll write!
It's different for me. Sometimes I can't do anything and I can't rationalize why. Sometimes it's so bad I don't even want to get up to go to the bathroom or grab something that's just out of reach.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$70.00
Goal
$255.00