How do you get through a day?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mirna

I'm struggling. I don't really want to die, I know I don't. But how do you stop those thoughts from taking over and sucking every last bit of life from you? I often feel like there's a giant black hole in my chest, and nothing I do matters anymore. It makes it hard to get out of bed most days.

solutions

I channel my black depressions into writing. I have a massive collection of hundreds of morbid poems, riddled with references to suicide (and other morbid things), and that's how I deal with it. It's the only thing that really gives me pleasure.

hey welcome to SF,

meds and therapy are a good place to start, if you aren't doing these already.

I like alternative medicine (it's in my signature)

the black hole feeling in your chest is interesting.

ok, this may sound weird, but I was taught a meditation exercise where if you feel you are full of negative engergy, you imagine it shooting up out of the top of your head and into the sky.

in any case, welcome!

i try and read alot of self help books like law of attraction, that sort of thing. i find most of my days are very long filled with alot of negative thoughts and i just try and break that thought pattern. i seem to have more bad days than good it seems like but i just keep trying to survive.

Reki

Eating healthy food and getting lots of sleep helped me out a lot. I know that probably isn't the kind of answer you're looking for but it's easy to do and it's a good place to start if you're lost or not doing it already. For me, it made me feel like I'd done something right and feeling physically well and mentally clear gave me a little bit of confidence to approach my problems with. Again, it isn't much but it does make you feel a little stronger.

GoldenPsych

First step is to talk to your doctor about it.

Distractions...writing. I find that really helps. Whether it be on here or on my blog. I just write about anything and it is a good distraction.

Going for a drive.

Listening to loud music and singing and dancing along.

Cleaning and tidying.

Oloriel

I sleep. I just kind of tumble out of bed in the mornings, read some worthless humor stuff online, then tumble back in. I'm not saying it's healthy. It's just how I live. I can only get through a day of being me by trying to black out.

I also realize how impractical this is, as it only works since I am in college and on vacation right now. When in school, I at least try to go to class. >.< I sound more worthless than I usually feel just by describing myself.

mirna

wow...that sounds like what I do most of the time. I'm on meds for sleeping and anxiety, so I just take enough of them to pass out, then when I wake up, I take a couple more. I've spent many weekends in a coma essentially because it was easier than dealing with real life.

I will look at my marathon medals every time i feel sad and lonely.. Those medals are not pieces of metals but pieces of my achievements.. Looking at them just make me find my inner strength and i feel strong again..

I distract myself. School used to be a great distraction but lately I've been having trouble focusing. So music it is instead. I also sleep with music on :)

GoldenPsych

I sleep with music on also. Music is so important to me. It can help cheer me up, it can release frustrations, I can wallow. I use it for so many different things.
xx

MissMisery

I eat binge eat till it physically hurts and it takes the focus away in tht time I then self induce vomiting and repeat this all day until I'm exhausted physically, but wen I've stopped I start to think again and my mind never seems to rest from these thoughts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$70.00
Goal
$255.00