How do you guys deal with body hair?

Ange

I'll start: I don't. I think that body hair is extremely disgusting, so when it started to appear on me I did the "laser therapy" and now I'm rid of it forever, just have to redo the therapy from times to times. Some say that this results in cancer after some years, I'd say that a fair price for having a perfect skin.

DrownedFishOnFire

Back into the wild where I belong. Out of your way
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
Many solutions. Waxing, nair, threading, shaving, plucking and so on

Laser doesn't need to be an only option for you if you're worried about Cancer

Petal

~*Mod Extraordinaire*~
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
I was getting sized for a bra today and felt a bit embarrassed that my under arms weren't shaved but usually they are shaved. I don't think body hair is gross but feel pressured by society to shave. I get my eye brows waxed. But body hair is only natural so really I shouldn't be embarrassed. Peer pressure I guess.

littlelucy

Everything causes cancer. I actually get laser hair removal on my forehead. I have weird hairline issues. I wish I could afford to get it on my legs. For now I just shave.

Sevven

I'm a hairy shaggy beast. Always teased as a kid for my thick, dark hair. My parents decided to let me shave early. I realize now, my parents added to my shame rather than trying to empower me.
Turns out my skin is very sensitive and I had to use the perfect combo of shaving cream, razor and lotion or intense razor burn ensued. Then I'm prickly in two days. So not worth it. I was bitching one day and my husband said, "So why do you do it?" I realized it was because I was taught to do it for men who were taught to hate a natural lady. Now my legs and pits are happy. I still trim up my important bits and shape my eyebrows with tweezers though.

Shorty92

I'm a hairy shaggy beast. Always teased as a kid for my thick, dark hair. My parents decided to let me shave early. I realize now, my parents added to my shame rather than trying to empower me.
Turns out my skin is very sensitive and I had to use the perfect combo of shaving cream, razor and lotion or intense razor burn ensued. Then I'm prickly in two days. So not worth it. I was bitching one day and my husband said, "So why do you do it?" I realized it was because I was taught to do it for men who were taught to hate a natural lady. Now my legs and pits are happy. I still trim up my important bits and shape my eyebrows with tweezers though.
Thick, dark hair here too!! I do like feeling silky smooth but it’s only for a day on my legs then it’s back!

Sevven

Thick, dark hair here too!! I do like feeling silky smooth but it’s only for a day on my legs then it’s back!
I used to like the immediately post shave feeling. Now that I'm used to my fur coat, I see bare legs and it always startles me. It looks unnatural to me now.
I just wish there was no expectation either way- your body, your choice. Loving yourself is what's truly beautiful.

dissolve.

I am very pale and my body hair is barely visible, and for the most part doesn't exist. However, that's until you get to my eyebrows. Genes are a weird thing, I've got the Scandinavian from my mother's side and the Bosnian from my father's, so I'm a pale creature with the blackest eyebrows ever. They're beasts. I also have very sensitive skin, so I remove my body hair very carefully with a razor (wax gives me rashes). My friend takes care of my wild eyebrows, I don't know what I'd do without her. xD

In general, I feel more clean when body hair is out of the way. However, it works different for everybody, and it really upsets me when people are shamed about their body hair.

I detest body hair sorry to any hairy peeps out there just my thing. I just like my skin & self smooth, eyebrows nicely shaped, no under arm hair def no leg hair or fanny hair as its not my thing & I don't dig it on other people not saying a guy or chick has to xxx but keeping things neat & tidy is my preference

Petal

~*Mod Extraordinaire*~
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
I don't mind body hair that much, I shave under my arms, have my eyebrows shaped but only on occasion do I shave my legs as somehow I always end up cutting myself by accident.

Do those body hair removal creams really work? I have never tried them.

Nick

☆☆Admin-tastic ☆☆
Safety & Support
SF Social Media
SF Artist
SF Supporter
I haven't shaved in a couple of months :oops:. Yeah I look a bit like a hairy beast. I've got nobody to shave for so it doesn't really matter. I might just let it go. Shaving is a pain anyway. I do shave my face ... yes I have a bit of facial hair. :eek:

Witty_Sarcasm

🦄🦜🧁🌈🌝💖
SF Supporter
I've used the creams before but they usually just burn. And then sometimes I get razor burn when I shave. So I think I just have sensitive skin. I shave often enough, sometimes it goes a while longer if I'm feeling lazy. But it isn't that noticeable since a lot of my body hair is a light blonde color. I try to keep up with it, but don't worry too much unless I know I'll be wearing clothing that shows my legs or sleeveless shirts.

Mayarian

I usually pluck my underarm's hair. Its gotten darker but for some time I enjoyed it when these lil hairs grow back bcs I have additional things to do to make myself busy tho I dont comfortable with the darken area. For below area I just wait to them for grow so uncontrollable and feast with a hair removal cream( for satisfication purposes, because I tried to change my way of thinking abt my body so I try think it as a fun routine)

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$70.00
Goal
$255.00