How do you guys handle jobs?

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by Summer.Rain, Oct 18, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Summer.Rain

Summer.Rain Well-Known Member

Just wondering, what type of jobs do you guys work at, how do you handle them, and what your boss think about your mental issues?
    I have this stress related issue, that pretty much stops me from working in any stressing environment, also i cant communicate very well with people...
    What do you guys think, what sort of a job can i try? also any tips on coping will be appreciated!
    I thought about being a truck driver, i will need about 1000$ for it, so ill have to find a temporary job, not sure what to look for though =\
    I live in a remote small village, which also makes it very difficult to find a job...
    And also i would like to know, during interview, do you guys tell about your mental issues?
    or while you sending the, whatever its called, job history\experience thing, do you guys write down about you health issues in it?
  2. randomguy9

randomguy9 Put's the "Pro" in Profanity Chat Pro

Right now... mindless grunt work that I hate. Most of it for family. The family does not realize his contributions to my mental issues.

The others haven't noticed it... but that is because I work better with people who respect me. Does a lot for mental health in my case. Not saying it will be the same for everyone but...
    That is a tough one. I am not the right person to ask this to but don't hesitate to seek treatment. I have my ups and downs... but Im a lot more prepared for the next step in life than I used to be. Anxiety is much more controlled though far from perfect.
    I typed up a thread in strategies for success asking people just this.

I didn't mention it but I do say yes on job applications with the disability... fortunately the accommodation I need is following my hours of availability schedule which was written around my treatment.
  3. Invisible Child

Invisible Child Antiquities Friend

I work in a factory that produces food products. Right now I am not handling well because I am bored with it. I sit on my butt most of the day and watch gauges to 4 different machines. One day soon they will teach me how to fix these stupid machines when they go down. My boss does not know about my mental issues and I have no plans to tell him. I do not talk to anyone at work mainly because I am in a room with the computer which monitors every aspect of the machines. I even sit alone during breaks and lunch which is ok, then I don't go into a panic attack trying to talk with them.

I never discussed my issues during an interview, on any paperwork that was filled out for the job or even in my resume. My grandfather was a truck driver and he loved it. However it was really stressful for him because of the deadlines and what not. My husband also drove a truck for a little while and was gone all the time. For someone that really doesn't have family I guess it would be ok. However, it is hard on the family being separated all the time. We were sort of used to it though because my husband is in the militay and was gone all the time before driving a truck. Now he is a part time solider and teaches truck driving school.

I know that I wasn't much help here :hug:
  4. shadowonthewall

shadowonthewall Well-Known Member

I don't really find that my suicidal ideation impacts upon my job performance. However, I do not suffer from any mental illness of which I am aware or have been diagnosed, so I have nothing to disclose to my employer in that regard. If I were mentally ill, I would probably not disclose this to my employer except in the possible scenario that the police intervened in my suicide preparations again and I had to miss work because I was incarcerated in a psychiatric ward against my will.

I work in a call centre so have to constantly speak to unhappy customers, and feel like I've done nothing with my life because I cannot rise above the bottom rung of the career ladder.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.