How do you handle panic crisis?

Discussion in 'Help Me! I Need to Talk to Someone.' started by SomeDudeNeedingToTalk, May 24, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hi,

I recently joined the forum. I am in a very stressful situation, and I am having some panic crisis, especially in the morning. I am doing my best to get out of my financial trouble, but I found myself dominated by this situation. Working and concentrating is hard...

How can I handle these panic crisis? Any experience to share?

2. spidy

spidy Well-Known Member

Do you see somebody like a therapist or peer support worker.I myself suffer anxiety which dosnt help in seeking employment at the moment which i m trying.Using either of these two support people can teach you some coping skills.Mornings can be my worst time thats when i do decide if i shut the world out so just started learning how to overcome that.Concentrating and working is another coping strt that can be learnt too just find right help and build your confidence up slowly you will find it.
  3. Thanks for your answer. No, I don't see a therapist, but I have some support friends. However, I don't want to bother them too much. I found a bit of info on the net...
  4. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

I was taught to just breath real slow okay when that anxiety attack happens just slow breathing in the slowly breath out get your footing look around and just breath the slow breathing helps to decrease heart rate and brings more oxygen in it does calm the mind
  5. red ribbons

red ribbons Well-Known Member

Xanax, meditation, keeping myself busy and not thinking about things, dissociating, reinventing myself, running away, writing, painting, etc.
  6. Finance

Finance Well-Known Member

I take my Xanax, open a Coke, turn on the TV and internet.

Sit as calm as I can, a bit more Xanax......usually able to get a grip after a couple hours.
  7. Witty_Sarcasm

Witty_Sarcasm Writer, Musician, Fun Lover, Magic Maker

I just try to remind myself to breathe and try to relax, or distract myself from whatever is bothering me.
  8. pppqp

pppqp Well-Known Member

When you feel anxious over nothing, uncertain, and confused, take a breath. Pay attention to the feeling of the anxiousness and confusion, what it feels like to experience.

Don’t think about the confusion by analyzing it or examining it. There is no conclusion to be drawn here. Instead, just become comfortable feeling it.

The worst part about anxiety is our rejection of it, the wish to feel any other way. When you can make friends with your anxiety and allow it to be there without telling yourself a story about why you feel that way, the anxiety will melt of its own accord.

This practice is called mindfulness.

Anxiety over nothing is a common symptom of the modern human condition. People only feel at ease when they are distracted by one thing or another. The inability to relax in stillness and silence is a true driving factor in the modern mind’s insanity.

The Power of Now by Eckhart Tolle would be a great book for you to begin with. He addresses all of this very concisely and clearly. I highly recommend it!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.