• Please read the thread in Forum News and Announcements pertaining to race related discussion on SF - thank you :)

How do you keep doing it..

I know without a doubt that it weren’t for my husband and kids and my fear of hell, I would be gone. I just cannot stand the thought of humiliating my family...I have done everything....prayed, meds (only benzos work), therapy, etc. I am done with It all....never in my wildest dreams could I have foreseen a life like this...all due to trauma.l.my husband is beyond wonderful...it would destroy him. I am expecting a grandchild in 3 weeks....maybe she will be the miracle I need 🙏.

Thank you for listening...

Lane

SF Supporter
I know without a doubt that it weren’t for my husband and kids and my fear of hell, I would be gone. I just cannot stand the thought of humiliating my family...I have done everything....prayed, meds (only benzos work), therapy, etc. I am done with It all....never in my wildest dreams could I have foreseen a life like this...all due to trauma.l.my husband is beyond wonderful...it would destroy him. I am expecting a grandchild in 3 weeks....maybe she will be the miracle I need 🙏.

Thank you for listening...
I truly think that you are strong for trying (praying, therapy, medicine). That's all we can do aside from giving up, especially when we have children. I also think about the effect suicide would have in them, they're over 20 and one 17. It just dawned on me, that it could embarrass them as well as hurt them. Well, I hope you can find some peace soon.

Congratulations on the soon-to-be birth of your grand child.

Sunspots

★☆ Braced for impact ☆★
Safety & Support
SF Supporter
I know without a doubt that it weren’t for my husband and kids and my fear of hell, I would be gone.
You've answered your own question right there. That's the reason you keep going, because they love you as much as you love them. And hopefully that love will help you to eventually get past the trauma and help you to heal *hug

1964dodge

Has a frog in the family
Forum Pro
SF Supporter
i know how you feel. the disgrace and pain my family would suffer as well as hell keep me here. but besides that i really want to finish my life the natural way. i consider every life is like a book and i hope to get to the last page.

we all have our issues some minor some major. i sometimes wonder why i keep fighting but i always eventually get back on track. try to 1. get help dealing with the trauma and 2. find something to be passionate about. maybe the grandchild can be that special something you need. i hope things improve for you soon...mike...*hug*console*shake

I truly think that you are strong for trying (praying, therapy, medicine). That's all we can do aside from giving up, especially when we have children. I also think about the effect suicide would have in them, they're over 20 and one 17. It just dawned on me, that it could embarrass them as well as hurt them. Well, I hope you can find some peace soon.

Congratulations on the soon-to-be birth of your grand child.
I am strong but I am getting tired of being strong. Yes..embarrassment is another reason I could not do it. I live in a small town and it would embarrass my family and they would need to move, etc....

i know how you feel. the disgrace and pain my family would suffer as well as hell keep me here. but besides that i really want to finish my life the natural way. i consider every life is like a book and i hope to get to the last page.

we all have our issues some minor some major. i sometimes wonder why i keep fighting but i always eventually get back on track. try to 1. get help dealing with the trauma and 2. find something to be passionate about. maybe the grandchild can be that special something you need. i hope things improve for you soon...mike...*hug*console*shake
Hoping the grandchild can be the motivator but I don’t know. Need to tell my psych how bad things are getting. i am so tired of trying to find an answer that may not exist. I will never be who I used to be so what’s the sense. A life where you get up in the morning only to look forward to going back to bed is not a life.

1964dodge

Has a frog in the family
Forum Pro
SF Supporter
Hoping the grandchild can be the motivator but I don’t know. Need to tell my psych how bad things are getting. i am so tired of trying to find an answer that may not exist. I will never be who I used to be so what’s the sense. A life where you get up in the morning only to look forward to going back to bed is not a life.
there may not be an answer. and you may not get back to where you were, i can't go back. but we can move forward trying to live the best life possible. we have to keep trying not just for life but a better life...mike...*hug*shake

there may not be an answer. and you may not get back to where you were, i can't go back. but we can move forward trying to live the best life possible. we have to keep trying not just for life but a better life...mike...*hug*shake
I know I cannot go back but if there is no answer, then I might as well check out now. I cannot undo the harm I have done to people nor can my trauma be erased....what’s the point. I am sorry Mike. I know you try to stay positive but I am running out of steam here...there is no magic pill or magic prayer for me....I fear hell and hurting my family this i stay..for now. You sound like a great guy. I commend you for your positive attitude.

1964dodge

Has a frog in the family
Forum Pro
SF Supporter
I know I cannot go back but if there is no answer, then I might as well check out now. I cannot undo the harm I have done to people nor can my trauma be erased....what’s the point. I am sorry Mike. I know you try to stay positive but I am running out of steam here...there is no magic pill or magic prayer for me....I fear hell and hurting my family this i stay..for now. You sound like a great guy. I commend you for your positive attitude.
i am not perfectly strong, as a matter of fact i faltered for a few days. basicaly i'm saying is move forward with anything positive in your life. you can't take back anything you did but you can apologize and you may not forget your trauma but you can learn to live with it, although it may take therapy. no, there is no answer or magic pill it's just us wanting to get better. i hope you can find a path to happiness...mike...*hug*shake

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$95.00
Goal
$255.00