How do you keep going?

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by Witty_Sarcasm, Apr 4, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Witty_Sarcasm

Witty_Sarcasm Writer, Musician, Fun Lover, Magic Maker

What if you reach out to people, only to find they all turn on you in your time of need? What do you do when even professional help is slowly being taken away from you? How do you keep on distracting yourself from the feelings of loneliness and hopelessness? What keeps you going, what makes you get out of bed every day? I'm just wondering what works for everyone else, because I'm about at the end of my rope and not sure how much more of this I can take.

2. AAA3330

AAA3330 Well-Known Member

The only thing that keeps me going is that my body just won't stop. My mind is a mess, but my body and much of my mind is still functioning normally and I'm not the type of person that's able to take their own life. I always feel like I can't take it anymore or that I should die from it, but I don't. I've been suffering for 2 and a half years and it's become evident by now that it's not going to kill me. I'm sorry that you are suffering. It just isn't fair that some of us have to suffer mentally. It's just not the way that life should be.

3. Witty_Sarcasm

Witty_Sarcasm Writer, Musician, Fun Lover, Magic Maker

That's sort of how I am too. I sometimes wish my body would shut down, because I am still too cowardly to end it all. That would make things easier, and at least I wouldn't have to feel this way anymore. I'm sorry that you are struggling so much, I wish that no one would ever have to feel this way.

4. Bruces

Bruces Well-Known Member

Yeah I'm hoping the abuse of my body will end it prematurely

5. Unknown_111

Unknown_111 Forum Buddy Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Quite simple. Helping others and trying to make a difference. Treat each day as its my last day of my life. Knowing that I help others is my only focus in life. People forget about the true needed folk like homeless who just want a hot meal or someone to talk to.

6. DrownedFishOnFire

DrownedFishOnFire Quieta non movere

That is similar to what I was going to say. I help my clients all of the time and it helps move the motivation wheel inside.

What gets me out of bed is a job that has people depending on me to be there for them. Otherwise I would be sleeping in.

7. Koji

Koji Well-Known Member

I stay alive because i don't want to hurt my mother, at least that's what i tell myself. In reality it's more the fear of death.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.