How do you keep living life?

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by nicesinging1, Jan 5, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nicesinging1

nicesinging1 Well-Known Member

I hope some people here can relate. There are times I feel so hopeless, painful, depressing that I am almost forced to feel suicidal. It usually fades after a while but in some cases, it lasts a week or more.
    I was wondering how you guys find motivation, determination, strength to keep living in such situations.
    In another word, when things seem so hopeless, and there seems to be no way out no matter how hard you try, what do you do to keep living a life through such ordeal?
  2. lymeinside

lymeinside Well-Known Member

I have this very cruel thing called "hope"

There are so many things I want to experience. For some horrible reason, I have hope that it might actually happen one day.

False hope, most likely.
  3. TheBLA

TheBLA Well-Known Member

I dunno how the hell I am doing it to be quite honest, I just feel so stuck. I'm so afraid of doing a suicide attempt, the thought of it is so frightening to me but yet my life is so miserable, I AM the biggest loser that has ever lived, all I do is bring misery to my parents, all I do is be a burden and annoyance, why the fuck did my asshole dad save me when I was born premature and on the verge of death then? Shit. I know my life can only get worse, I just know it and just, ahhh, damn.
  4. Esmeralda

Esmeralda Well-Known Member

I think about the things in my life that make me blessed and I concentrate on those. It can ALWAYS get worse, but it can also get better.
  5. ace

ace Well-Known Member

Good question the true answer really to that is I don't know,because I'm torn between two thing's one all revolves around what's the point?thing's will never improve and I cant take this anymore.The other side is the thing's I take passion out of perhap's,maybe family friends I don't know.It's a tricky one because I feel lost and when thing's get tough I've just somehow kept going through I don't know how and even why myself at times.:unsure:
  6. bipolarkitty

bipolarkitty Well-Known Member

My immediate answer was "I don't know". But then I started thinking... and I guess I have a bit of an answer, after all.

How do I keep going? Well, when things get really bad, I email my therapist. My burning curiosity to see what his response is keeps me going lots of nights, lol. :rolleyes: And I reach out here on SF. :biggrin:

But on a daily basis, I guess it's the little things... Hearing the wind chimes in my yard. Eating chocolate. Baking my favorite cookies. Holding my cat. Snuggling with my husband. Sitting at the lake, watching and listening to the water. Smelling a flower. Singing a song. Laughing at a funny joke. Playing in the rain. Coloring with crayons. Swinging really high on a swing. Talking with a friend. Reading my favorite book for the hundredth time. :smile:

I remind myself of all these and much more. There are so many of the simple little things that I love and cherish. I'd have to say that's what keeps me going. Because deep down I know that no matter how bad it gets, it also gets better, if only for little bits at a time. And that's when I make things count. So that I can grab onto them and hold tight when it hurts so bad that I just want to give up.

Lol, I sound so corny. :tongue: I guess I'm feeling a little introspective tonight. :)
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 5, 2007
  7. bipolarkitty

bipolarkitty Well-Known Member

dang it.... stupid browser double posted....
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 5, 2007
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.