How do you keep yourself motivated?

Discussion in 'I Have a Question...' started by nicesinging1, Aug 30, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nicesinging1

nicesinging1 Well-Known Member

Hi, everyone. I hope everyone had good summer so far. I just need few insights and wisdoms from people here regarding some issues I have.
    I have been dealing with my severe depression, PTSD, persistent anxiety symptoms, etc since about 15. I also have been battling my weird addiction for about same duration of time. At the time when I was 15, I thought and expected all my mental problems and issues would go away by mid-20s or before somehow and it worked as motivation to keep living life SOMEHOW. I expected my life to be free of all those obstacles and live happy, enjoyable life within 10 years.
    But despite efforts, tries, struggles, the fact is that I am still struggling at 25. 10 years is a long time and I feel sick even thinking about all the things that I endured over the years. I can't imagine going through life like this another 10, 20, 30 years.
    I tried going to counseling, taking meds, buying self-help books, trying outdoor activities, joining clubs, writing journals daily, etc. But the progress seems to be slow and I can't believe I am already 25, full-grown adult.
    How do you keep urself motivated, determined, strong day in day out against all the issues you have had since 15? How do you find hope knowing that you had 10 years or 3650 days to address them and couldn't? Thanks in advance for any insights.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.