How do you know if something is impossible?

Discussion in 'I Have a Question...' started by trinisty, Feb 10, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. trinisty

trinisty Well-Known Member

No, I'm not saying that I will staple water on to a tree, slam a revolving door, or eat my own head. You know, that type of dream or achievements you really really want, but it seems so hard that you think it is impossible.

Aside from that, hello lovely people! It's me again. So I'm not that type of person who active on popular social media like Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and other social networking stuff, so I get so lonely very easily. That's why I decided to make myself more active in this forum, haha.

Anyway, back to topic! How do you know if something you want to achieve is impossible or just REALLY REALLY hard? Is holding on something like that necessary, or just forget it and move on?

2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

One usually knows their capabilities their limitations i suppose that is why things seem impossible but until it is tried one won't know for sure.
    welcome back to SF

3. Lorax

Lorax Well-Known Member

I slammed a revolving door once. Steven Hawking revoked my physics card though…

Objective reality is more or less governed by certain laws. You can't make a tree grow rocks, ect.

Subjective reality is mainly based on luck, genetics, society, available technology, ect.

You can achieve anything subjective (like 'success') since you get to define the terms & conditions. It's mainly a matter of over coming other people's expectations & setting your own.

As far as "knowing" if something is impossible, we can't. That would involve time travel. It's more do we know if we want to "try" and does it fit within objective reality. If yes, you should be able to do what ever you want.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.