How do you know if u need meds again??

Discussion in 'Therapy and Medication' started by na-taya, Mar 10, 2016.

1. na-taya

na-taya Well-Known Member

When do you tell?? How do you know???

I've been off my meds for about 8months now fully and before that i was taking them quiet sporadically.....

I've had been since I was 12. I have had small times when I have been off them or changing to a new one. But this would be the longest i think i have gone without them.

I think I'm trying to convince myself I don't need them and that i will be ok and its normal for me to think like this and have my plan and nothing is wrong with it.....but all my years of therapy are trying to get me to reach out to someone on my team.....but the demon inside wont let me.

I'm tied and dont know what to do anymore
  2. StellaAnne

StellaAnne Active Member

I'm feeling exactly the same, been off meds for two months feels longer, trying to be normal but more have more suicidal feelings than I did on meds, on the plus side I'm able to go to the gym I have more energy without them and have lost weight, but it's a constant daily struggle to not harm myself, just taking one hour at a time, I'm going back to the doctors for more meds, you should talk to a therapist or doctor if you can, I know its hard, keep fighting those demons we can win we are strong
  3. na-taya

Thanks I am so sorry you are suffering so as well.

I to have lost weight being off meds as well quiet a lot as well.
    I hope that you are able to find the right med combo for you that you are still able to do all the healthy things you want such as the gym.

I ended up going back and am an on a very low dose of meds I go back end of this month to see how they are going. They help me sleep but not so much my mood. I'll just see I don't want more meds but we shall see I guess.

I hope you find the right treatment for you don't deserve to feel this way at all
    StellaAnne likes this.
  4. StellaAnne

StellaAnne Active Member

Thanks for your kind words, I was on 40mg of Citalopram and went cold turkey to come off it, which was pretty awful, I'm really not sure if I need them or just want them cause I it was easier and I didn't really feel much, I'm feeling everything now and it's so hard, I will see the doctor for advice, still waiting on therapy, feeling better now I've got through another day at work
  5. na-taya

I'm glad you were able to get through another day at work I admire you for being able to get though working with what you are dealing with.

I don't work however I do babysit my friend daughter a lot of the time while her parents are at work, I am being taken advantage of for sure as at the start I said I could only for 3 night's a week but this week it's 5 and by the looks of it next week will be night as well. I'm quiet upset but feel I can't tell my friend but I know the longer I let it happen the harder it will be to stop I find it hard to be assertive. And today her partner made a lasagna (my fav,and I know he did it for me and I appreciate that a lot) but I got here and none of the dishes were done. They treat me like a house maid as well. I only get $50 a night way below what I should (but I'm not doing it for money)

I hope when i go back to get my meds review that they don't increase it I donno what I'll so.

Sometimes a mixture of therapy and meds work well. Maybe you could try a different kind of medication?? I understand feeling nothing is better but may you could find something where you still feel but maybe not as intensely???

Know I'm always here if you want a chat.
    Take care
  6. StellaAnne

StellaAnne Active Member

Thank you, I do hope you find the strength to explain to your friend you can only babysit 3 nights a week, you really should tell her as it's not going to help you doing more, also kind people often get put upon as we rarely say no, it's hard at first but so empowering when you do start saying no, you'll be doing it for you. I've been in a similar situation until I burnt out and realised I only need to do what is ok for me. Hope it works out at your meds review. Thanks for your advice about the meds, I'm going to try and fight through without as I have an addictive personality and will only want more and more. Stay strong, I'm here if you want to talk too
  7. na-taya

I will try find away to do it.....but it's extreamly hard when I've already said my needs and they totally got ignored........I'm not good at saying my needs in the first place.

I'm glad you are self aware to know what you are like with your addictive personality. Maybe if it can to a point where you did need meds again you could bring that up with your Dr and they could help you keep tabs in it, just a thought.

I hope that you are able to ale it through and if you need to vent my inbox if always there.
    Take care
  8. StellaAnne

StellaAnne Active Member

Thank you it means a lot to have someone to talk to who actually understands, feel free to message, take care and stay strong
  9. Butterfly

Butterfly Resident SF Sims Enthusiast Staff Alumni SF Author SF Supporter

If you have to ask yourself this question then it is pretty much a given that you need to get back on meds again.
  10. StellaAnne

StellaAnne Active Member

Yep, I know I do but I've decided not to, I'm way to messed up to care, I'm pretty much done
  11. DrownedFishOnFire

DrownedFishOnFire Quieta non movere

Medication compliance is a huge part of issue with people with mental illness.

I'm one of the people who is refusing to follow recommened medications now haven't been for over a year now I do feel I got mine under control as I vowed never to go back. It is somehow making me more resolved to control my mind better. Im allergic to pretty much alot medications nowadays so i just lost hope. But there are other days when I feel slipping up. However I do feel for majority of people who need medications it is better to help feel better.

Take Care