How do you know if your depressed?

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by purpleflower, Apr 2, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. purpleflower

purpleflower New Member

I don't know if I'm in denial, or maybe I refuse to believe it. Where I was raised, I was raised to believe that mental illnesses didn't exist, so having these feelings for the past couple of years I'm not sure if there just feelings, or if I really am depressed. I can't speak to no one about it, because no one, it seems understands..Family, friends, they all think I'm just crazy, or that I'm just making it up. I don't speak about it much, but... I just don't know what else to do... It seems that talking just doesn't work anymore.

2. MisterBGone

MisterBGone Well-Known Member

Hello, in order to be clinically diagnosed as such, simply visit the doctor and they will evaluate you, with a series of questions, and based upon your answers, you will be told by the book, whether or not you are depressed. You need to have a certain number of symptoms for a certain length of time in order to be established as such. So, just be open and honest, and you will know! But from a less professional stand point, if you're asking the question in such a fashion, you may very well have at the very least some mild form of it. Nothing to be ashamed of, there are plenty of treatment options available, primarily medication and counseling. Sincerely yours.

3. SaraRose

SaraRose Well-Known Member

There are many options out there, but yeah sadly only a doctors evaluation will tell you if you are depressed or not. The fact that you have noticed that you have symptoms that don't go away with talking or other simple options it makes me think it may be.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.