How do you know when ok to return to work after medical leave?

Kiwi2016

🦩 Now a flamingo, not a kiwi 🦩
SF Pro
@dugga so sorry this is continuing for you any word from lawyer? me think layoffs/ firings happening in next two weeks....and to top it off laptop is a oaperweight after tech tried to fix so have to send in so much for working on resume etc sigh...

dugga

@dugga so sorry this is continuing for you any word from lawyer? me think layoffs/ firings happening in next two weeks....and to top it off laptop is a oaperweight after tech tried to fix so have to send in so much for working on resume etc sigh...
Hi @Kiwi2016 - still ongoing for me, the wheels of law turn slowly, would be nice to reach the end point.... I'll get there eventually. Sorry about the laptop - hope you haven't lost any data. Will you get a payout if they terminate your employment?

Kiwi2016

SF Pro
That is true the wheels of justice are slow. Yes could have dine without lap top issues right now....i have 360 vacation 105 comp and 1000 sick belueve as have been here 15 yrs they half to also pay half sick...so hoping all would gave to be paid out

Angel368

Glad you guys are dealing with everything they've dished out to you. Keep it up and keep strong.

It seems I have a Wonder Woman complex and can't stop myself from doing too much. I worked a full day yesterday and although I was in a good mood, I was exhausted. So when things went wrong today, I became moany and grumpy. I threatened to write complaints to two different organisations, have my son's teacher and my daughter a hard time. :rolleyes:
Everything is sorted and calmer now but I recognise how my tiredness has affected me. I don't even want to go to work tomorrow now, but I have Thursday off so I need to make an effort. :(

Kiwi2016

SF Pro
Please dont be so hard on yourself ...when im tired i too get cranky and tend to do the same thing...just take deep breaths because you are doing great...think of today as a new day with a fresh beginning. And also think of something you can treat yourself to on thursday when youre off ...like your favorite smoothie...sending you hugs

Kiwi2016

SF Pro
Hope you are enjoying your day off....advusiry board last night voted against closing in split dwcision..at staff meetng yesterday am acting directir announced he was going to go to city council on july 11 ...but who knows what will happen now....union still meeting with acting directir this am..so saga continues...

Angel368

Hi @Kiwi2016, hopefully they can continue to fight for the best of the employees.

I enjoyed my day off, but I couldn't keep my eyes open, I have been sleeping for most of the day. Will probably need to adjust my hours a bit for next week, I may have done a bit too much this week.

Angel368

Hi @Kiwi2016, thanks for checking up on me, I'm ok I guess. Working 3.5 days on average each week and discussed with Headteacher to keep it like this till the end of term. I think the better I feel, the scarier it gets. Sometimes I feel totally capable and at other times I can't imagine how I will ever feel 'normal' again. The temptation to just stop trying and curl up under my covers has been stronger this week and a few negative thoughts (sh/si) has slipped in on a few days, but for no real reason. I have an understanding boss, colleagues are understanding and patient, friends and family are supportive. I have a lot going for me and I still can't be content.

Sorry for the rant:), how have you been. Hope your work situation is getting less stressful.

Kiwi2016

SF Pro
Hi @Angel368 you are doing great so don't be so hard on yourself...I am so glad that your able to work a reduced schedule till the end of the term and have support of colleagues, family and friends...just take each day one day at a time ...and remember to treat yourself gently...sometimes negative thoughts do just come into our heads for no reason but you're leaning to cope with them and see them for what they are...I too feel this way at times and slowly am reporgramming my response to them ,,,it just takes time...my job continues to be stressful but am slowly getting to the point where I can see it as it's not a reflection on me but rather a very dysfunctional place...if that makes any sense...sending you hugs....

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$145.00
Goal
$255.00