How do you know when someone has blocked you on facebook or deleted their account?

Discussion in 'I Have a Question...' started by anarulesmenow, Nov 28, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. anarulesmenow

anarulesmenow Well-Known Member

Sorry, I know it's not a major issue or anything like the other stuff on here, but I find you guys give good advice. A couple of good friends have completely disappeared from my facebook in the last day and I'm a bit worried they may have blocked me, as they mean a lot to me. It's strange as their both girls I have liked recently (I'm a bisexual girl) but the first one didn't even know and the second one did, but she liked me as well.
    I don't think I've done anything to annoy them, but they mean a hell of a lot to me.

I had some mutual friends with the first one, and she's not showing up in their friend lists and some of the videos and pics she tagged me in have disappeared from my page. I also searched for her with a different account and I couldn't find her (although I dunno what her privacy settings are), so I'm thinking that she probably hasn't blocked me and has just deleted her account.

I had no mutual friends with the second one so can't check, although her wall posts that she posted on my wall have disappeared. I tried searching her with a different account and couldn't find her, but she has loads of privacy settings so even if she still had facebook, I don't think I'd be able to find her on another account. However, she deleted her account a couple of weeks ago and brought it back, so she might have done the same thing. And she's deleted a lot of other accounts she had on other sites.

Sorry, I know it's a bit trivial. Just need to know whether I've been blocked or whether they've deleted their accounts.

2. anarulesmenow

anarulesmenow Well-Known Member

Re: How do you know when someone has blocked you on facebook or deleted their account

Should I text and say anything? The first girl I'm going to a gig with soon, so i don't think she'd suddenly block me like that. But the second one I realllly like so I really need to know if we're ok.

3. victor

victor Account Closed

Re: How do you know when someone has blocked you on facebook or deleted their account

i wish i could know the answer. im trying to work out the same. exactly the same happened 4 me, but smth i posted on the persons wall is stil on my account. the person said they suspended their account, but when i click on the name near the pic, it offers me to send them a msg. is it normal, if the account is deactivated?

4. Kaos General

Kaos General Well-Known Member

Hmmmmmm this is easy to sort out, create a fake account or give someone their name to do a search for you. If their name appears in the search it means they have blocked you, if no name shows up then it means they have deactivated their profile. If you PM me their name and what their profile pic looks like ill tell you in seconds whether its been deactivated or blocked.

5. Prinnctopher's Belt

Prinnctopher's Belt Antiquities Friend SF Supporter

CALL, and ask "hey, what happened to your facebook, I tried to send you a message blablah..." Instant answer.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.