How do you know when to kill yourself

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by wastedmylife, Aug 28, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wastedmylife

wastedmylife Well-Known Member

is it when the thought of death is better then the thought of life?

Personally I am kind of glad I dont have kids because that would be a deterent, I had a dog and that was a deterrent of course my problems grew as a result of my dog but that is besides the point

I feel bad for my mom who I knew was in alot of pain growing up, she oftened talked about suicide but I wonder if she didnt because of me, in some regards I am grateful for that but I kind of feel bad because I know how horrible it is to live with the desire to kill yourself

2. Austere Night

Austere Night Well-Known Member

If we had a clearcut way of knowing, all the responses to threads here would be "Time to die!" or "Not time to die!". As you've no doubt noticed, that's not the case. It really boils down to a personal question, because there are far too many conflicting moralities out there to try and think of all of them.

3. bluegrey

bluegrey Antiquities Friend

For me the thought of death is FAR better than the thought of continuing my suffering. How can we be afraid of hell, THIS is hell. The conventional thought though is that one should never end their life over any psychiatric illness or any degree of it. Euthanasia to avoid the suffering of a painful terminal illness is more ambiguous.

If I can give one reason to stay alive and muscle through your pain that seems to have no hope of improvement or resolution it is my reason; stay alive to not harm your Mom and the other people who love you who will be permanently, tremendously damaged. Rationally I know there is hope even though the pain is unspeakable and I feel all prospects are gone.

4. Stranger1

Stranger1 Forum Buddy & Antiquities Friend

I agree with bluegray.If there is a hell we are already living in it! You should not harm yourself. That would probably push your mom over the edge. Have you worked with a counselor or therapist? They can really help. Good Luck and Stay Safe.:chopper:.

5. monkeypunchluff

monkeypunchluff Well-Known Member

It really comes down to you.

Personally, I believe that as long as you are alive, you have a chance to make things better and find happiness. Death basically means you give up that chance.

6. wastedmylife

wastedmylife Well-Known Member

I think the body naturally wants to live no matter what is wrong with you, the exception is if you are in horrible pain and there is nothing you can do about it

It is funny last nite I was kind of fantasizing about killing myself and then I got some pains in my chest and felt like I couldnt breathe and got the will to live again and drove to the ER but decided to not check in because it got better

7. gentlelady

gentlelady Staff Alumni

I am not sure there is ever a "good" time to die. As long as life has existed the future has always been unknown. You don't know when things may turn around and go your way. Sometimes it is that chance we hold on to.

8. Daze&Confused

Daze&Confused Antiquitie's Friend

I'm not one to disagree with an admin, but the "where there's life there's hope" thing isn't exactly helpful. It's almost as useful as those damned hug smileys.

You can't expect things to drop into your lap. And things rarely get better without alittle effort.

And yes there is a good time to die. Just before you get eaten alive by zombies.

heres hoping i don't get banned. :biggrin:

9. Dave_N

Dave_N Guest

The only good time to die, is when you're meant to die and we're not meant to die at our own hands.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.