How do you know you've ever been drunk?

Discussion in 'I Have a Question...' started by Øyvind, Oct 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Øyvind

Øyvind Senior Member

And not just tipsy?
  2. Witty_Sarcasm

Witty_Sarcasm Writer, Musician, Fun Lover, Magic Maker

Well, if I'm drunk, I tend to get overemotional, sometimes have slurred speech or trouble depends on the person though and how they can handle alcohol. I'd say I have a pretty good tolerance, so I'm probably tipsy more often than completely drunk.
  3. rtrt46546565

rtrt46546565 Well-Known Member

Because I'm pretty sure passing out in the hallway of my apartment building with my pants down after not being able to get inside my place due to losing my key qualifies as drunk. :very_drunk:
  4. themute

themute Active Member

if you sway a bit when you walk, or if you need to concentrate when you walk i guess
  5. Druidblue

Druidblue Member

Tipsy: (Mostly) happiness, energy, fast talking, social activities, full awareness (if not dreamlike) of what's up around you... not tons different, just feeling better.

Drunk: (Not always, but often) moments of confusion or blacking out (if severely drunk), even if you don't get really drunk you can still have a hard time remembering some of the things you did the next day... Lack of coordination, nonsense talking (Did you know that giraffes like to eat grape- hey is the moon gone?), lack of inhibitions (to varying degrees), massive creative needs come upon you (must go dance the best dance ever in history now!), entertainment by otherwise mundane things (look at that cricket! It's going to cross the sidewalk! Guys! Come look!) ... Also, you're probably going to be sick later- hangover and/or throwing up. Next day you'll more often than not feel like someone played bongo drums on your head.

You may also do something real fun, like the one time I walked home from the bar in college 2 1/2 blocks to my place, yet ended up 4 miles away in the city without recollection of getting there other than crossing through "forest" (there is no forest in between those points). Fear not- that's only if you get far, far too drunk... and it's not worth it. I offer that advice freely. =P My suggestion with drinking is, if you're going to get drunk, don't get overwhelmingly drunk (and you can always tell even while drinking how you're feeling, as long as you keep in mind the recent drinking you've done hasn't kicked in yet, and that hard liquor hits you much harder than beer, for instance.)

Hope this helps, and by no means is it definitive. It's pretty clear to tell when you've crossed the line between the two- maybe not at the time, but in hindsight. If you choose to drink, enjoy but be safe and I recommend moderation. Of course, never drive- even if just buzzed.
  6. Zueri

Zueri Well-Known Member

Ooo, you'll definitely know the day after. Being drunk is followed by a hangover or light headedness. You may also wake up not remembering half of what you did. Sometimes, you get calls and text messages that remind you. Those are always fun.

Sometimes it's hard to judge whether or not you're drunk while you're drinking. You lose your inhibitions, and everything suddenly begins to seem like a good idea. Tipsy tends to cause an elevated you -- drunk causes an extreme, sometimes bipolar version of yourself to emerge.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.