How do you know?????

Discussion in 'Help Me! I Need to Talk to Someone.' started by Bullzye, Apr 15, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bullzye

Bullzye Active Member

How do you know if you are in crisis? How would you describe it?
    people have asked me "are you in crisis?" i always say i dont know... i dont want to say the "wrong" thing and be referred to the crisis team, but then i still want help, i want to be able to cope in these times.
    i feel so lost, very low, and unsure about everyone and everything.
  2. spidy

spidy Well-Known Member

There is different types of crisis situations ppl suffer.Me myself is when i m feeling i have no way out and suicide thoughts hammer me.Always try and help when feeling like this.You sound like you are in a bit of a crisis and to get help is better than letting it get worse.What youve described sounds like depression and prob good idea to talk to your doc about it.Counsellors can be of good help too when you find a good one.Hope this has helped a bit good luck
  3. pogosticker

pogosticker Well-Known Member

Hey Bull, spidy is spot on. :)

For me, I'd say 'crisis' is when I don't feel like myself, and thoughts of doing 'something' frequently plague my mind.

I suggest you just tell your doctor (or whoever you see) what's going on in your head. Or write it down if you can't.

If you feel hopeless and stuck in a depression, and think about things you wouldn't normally think about, I'd say that's a crisis and worth talking to someone about.

Best of luck.
  4. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

I think like it was already said, a crisis situation is different for everyone, for me it's when I feel there's no other way out other than suicide.That's when I'm in a crisis.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.