How do you mask your ED?

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by Little_me, Jun 3, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Little_me

Little_me Well-Known Member

Tomorrow is my mother's birthday. It's going to be a huuuuuge party with 30+ people... And I'll probably have to eat.
    My family knows everything about my eating disorder and I get treatment for it, but I don't want others to see or know. I don't want to worry my grandparents!
    What should I do? :cry:

2. Remedy

Remedy Chat & Forum Buddy

You could say you have a stomach ache / not feeling very well / ate before you came out. Some people just have small appetites so you can use that to your advantage. Also if you move around a lot, talk to lots of different people you won't be in one place long enough for them to comment. If that fails say you're watching what you eat for medical reasons, no one questions that. Hope it goes well and that this was helpful in some way! :hug:

3. Little_me

Thanks!<3

4. mdmefontaine

mdmefontaine Antiquities Friend

i agree with the other posts.

choose veggie items to munch on, drink TONS of mineral water w/lemon,
    push food around your plate while you chat - making eye contact all the time. . . and you can also say you try to eat ''healthful'' , therefore you had a heatlhy meal before you came, so no eating . .
    you can say that, even if it's not true.

5. Erxi_Kusanagi

Erxi_Kusanagi Member

I tell people i'm either a raw vegan or fasting for religious reasons

6. Rose24

Rose24 Chat & Forum Buddy

Dear if you make any excuses, you’ll worry your parents since they already know and they’ll see straight though it, this will upset your mother on her day, I think you should try your best to eat like a “normal” person on the day. I'm sure you already know all the horrid tips and tricks. I know its tough but eating is the only “real” way though this; please let us know how it goes.

Take care

Rose

7. Little_me

Update: it went quite well. It was mostly roast beef and fruit to eat..
    I know the horrid tricks, but not the "better" ones, my goal was to not upset anyone.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.