How do you pick yourself up?

total eclipse

SF Friend
Staff Alumni
do little things that will bring you joy ok I know it is hard but be kind to yourself each little kindness you show yourself helps to bring you out of the darkness again.
walks special treats for yourself be with friends ok don't isolate it only makes things worse reach out for support

Petal

~*Mod Extraordinaire*~
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
After a bad crisis episode, how do you pick yourself up?
I had a bad crisis last night, a rare one at that, I was self harming and felt really awful and had no one around that could help. I contacted the mental health services this morning and I ...let it all out. They were really kind. So my suggestion to you is to do the same. Contact someone you know you can trust and rely on and go on from there.... please keep us updated on how you are and I hope this crisis passes soon. Best of luck to you.

I had a bad crisis last night, a rare one at that, I was self harming and felt really awful and had no one around that could help. I contacted the mental health services this morning and I ...let it all out. They were really kind. So my suggestion to you is to do the same. Contact someone you know you can trust and rely on and go on from there.... please keep us updated on how you are and I hope this crisis passes soon. Best of luck to you.
Hi. Thanks for all your replies. Im doing better l guess. Better than last night at least. Spent the day distracting myself and it calmed me down significantly. Its kind of hard getting out of depressive moods since I just moved abroad to a place with a radically different culture. I'll get by somehow. I have to. I glad at least that there are sites like this where I can find people to talk to.

I try to stay positive most of the time nowadays, and I haven't had any bad crisis in a really long time. Sometimes I still feel sad, especially these last few weeks, as I have been struggling with a breakup. If I'm sad and cry, I'll reassure myself, & tell myself I won't be sad forever. In time I'll learn to be okay again.

I do things that make me feel better in order to keep myself from feeling bad. I'll work out sometimes. Or go out and take pictures. I like photography. So I'll photograph plants and landscapes. I also like to take pictures of the sky.

redgirl

SF Supporter
The little things usually help me. It could sound so insignificant or unimportant but the thing that works for me the most is going for a walk. It could just be around the block, or to a place I really enjoy going to, but the physical and emotional responses to having a little walk around are amazing for me. Obviously it's not for everyone, but just try and think of the little things that bring you joy, something that could easily be forgotten about during the dark times. I know it's hard to get out of the house, but for me it's important to push myself to go for that walk.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$50.00
Goal
$255.00