How do you plan to spend next year?

Discussion in 'Soap Box' started by Aerial, Oct 2, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Aerial

Aerial Well-Known Member

Can your outlook in life be better when you have fixed goals to look forward to? Maybe we all should make a goal list?

I felt this was a serious topic because I reckon many here find it hard to look past this year because of depression. I think it's good to visualize about what we want to do with our lives next year so that we have things to look forward to, even if they seem impossible now.

So what plans do you have lined up for next year? What do you want to accomplish and why do you want to accomplish it? Do you think next year can be a better one?

I'll start with some things I want to do next year.

1) I'd like to finish my manuscript and seek out some publishers for my book. I've slacked off plenty and I could have been done with it this year.
    2) I want to plan a vacation somewhere to take my mind off of troubles.
    3) I want to move out of my apartment into a better and less noisy area, with larger space. I find it hard to work this way when I'm writing.
    4) I want to increase the number of clients I've got for my freelance writing. This year has seen some very unstable numbers. My depression has gotten in the way of my earnings.
    5) I'd like to become a lot more social. This year, I've cut myself off a lot.
    6) I plan to attend more conventions next year for writing and comics.
    7) I'd like to get back into painting. Having some art projects back on the side again could help with my depression.

Having some plans for next year gives me hope, a life to look forward to. If I can focus on some of those goals above, next year could be a better one than this one. I cut myself off from a lot of these goals this year and that increased my sadness and isolation. By doing the opposite, it's got to have a better effect if I have plans to focus on.

2. Chargette

Chargette Well-Known Member

I want to have space to do my art or learn to do it in a small, noisy home.

3. Aurora Gory Alice

Aurora Gory Alice Well-Known Member

I'm gonna work my ass off in 2010 so I can pay off my credit cards, buy lots of great things for myself (umm... mainly clothing) go on a couple of holidays and weekend breaks, and begin studying towards becoming a nurse.

4. aoeu

aoeu Well-Known Member

Have a nice long rest inside of a box in the ground.

5. Zurkhardo

Zurkhardo Well-Known Member

Good idea Ariel :) And way to go with that list, it's mighty impressive :p

I want to keep getting shape (I'm currently average :p), prep myself for graduation, get myself a girlfriend, and rekindle my artistic side with some sketching again.

6. Danny Crooks

Danny Crooks Well-Known Member

1.) I'd like to lose weight even more (im 9.5 stone now)
    2.) I'd like to get this album finished
    3.) I'd like to have recorded a pilot for my comedy show
    4.) I'd like to have found a miracle cure for depression (unlikely)
    5.) I'd like to be in a solid relationship.

7. LivingOn

LivingOn Well-Known Member

This year, I'd like to:
    - Continue to lose weight
    - Exercise regularly
    - Enjoy life more
    - Enjoy each day
    - Practice healthy self-care

8. bubblin girl

bubblin girl Well-Known Member

i hope i be dead..i dont think ill make it, but if ill be alive i hope,
    1-graduate from college.
    2-start work
    3-lose 5 lb
    4-be normal
    5-live normal live

9. bhawk

bhawk Well-Known Member

i need to finish my fight with the government, hopefully with me winning.
    I need to get my new dog working well before the season begins.
    I need to get that damned farmhouse i was spose to have already!
    I need to get my birds sorted and some new mews built.
    I need to get a new scope.
    I need to buy a new car.
    I need to buy a LOT more books....im re-reading everything again and again.
    I need to help a couple of my friends with their personal problems.
    I need to sort out the situation with my ex.
    I need to renew my DWA license then prepare for the serval.
    I need to sleep more.
    I need to find a way to overcome the parasomnia.
    I need to relax!

10. wibble

wibble Well-Known Member

What I plan to do for next year:

1: Finally finish my second novel
    2: Learn to shoot properly
    3: Get a new job
    4: Finish painting a collection of toy soldiers
    5: Finally read Lord of the Rings
    6: Start playing Rugby again
    7: Train my dog not to shit on the carpet
    8: Get my uncle out of debt
    9: Build margin
    10: Get my website up and running.

11. 12years

12years Well-Known Member

I don't know what my plans for next week are, let alone my plans for next year.

All in all, I should probably stop trying to do so much.

12. necrodude

necrodude Well-Known Member

next year? um...

im hoping to go abroad and get my liscence. thats it.

13. Ranxerox

Ranxerox Well-Known Member

I dont plan on being around next year, but if i still am, then i will continue my futile search for employment, and keep attempting to make at least one friend, which will fail since people just dont seem to like me. Then i will probably just shoot myself.

14. Menchi

Menchi Well-Known Member

Hopefully, i can find a better job, earn some decent money, and get myself set up renting my own place finally, pay off the mounting debts.

Would also like to drop maybe a couple of stone in weight.

Beyond that, i just want to be relaxed, comfortable, gradually remove my stressers, and hopefully be able to have the stability of mind to apply myself to something big (perhaps some serious writing work, or getting involved in game design, or even music, no idea yet).

15. shades

shades Staff Alumni

Wondering what went wrong this year!

16. bluegrey

bluegrey Antiquities Friend

Worrying how fast last year flew by...worrying generally and being relatively useless.

17. Aerial

Aerial Well-Known Member

Good to see others looking forward to some things whether they are big or small. The focus should just be progress in any way we all can attain it.

18. NoGood

NoGood Well-Known Member

Well I started my journey round the world this year. So I hope to be working my way around the globe, I will probably still be living and working in Australia but hopefully ill have travelled most of that and will be planning my journeys to the USA. Today I am feeling good and looking forward to the next year, how long this feeling will last god only knows haha. Also hoping to get a trip home to see my family aswel within the next year.

19. Axiom

Axiom Account Closed

This next year? I'm re-doing my schooling right now. Just trying to learn more about life and what we are. I can only do my best to achieve that, though I hope my best is liberating.

Thanks for the question :)

20. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

No idea.. but I'm hoping it will go better than this year has. I want to be able to go out.. apply to college and get a job.. lets see what happens :dunno:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.