How do you prefer to watch the latest movies?

Discussion in 'The Gameroom' started by boo, Nov 1, 2010.

?

1. In the cinema

35.3%
  2. Rent DVDs

17.6%
  3. Digital/ Hd TV movie channels

5.9%
  4. Download them from online stores

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Download them from torrents for free

17.6%
  6. Via a TV-on-demand service

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. I rather read a book than watch anything by Hollywood

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. On StageVu.com

11.8%
  9. Others (please specify)

11.8%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. boo

boo Well-Known Member

I used to download from torrents, but no one ever seed, so it takes forever. Now i download from Rapidshare :D Speaking of which... The social network and Inception rip is out :D

Reasons i download them :

I'm poor and can't afford to rent or buy dvds. Not even those pre-viewed blockbuster dvd for 5$
    I loath going to the theather, because of the obnoxious idiots that has to text and check their cellphones every 5 minutes.
    Most movies made nowadays suck hard.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 1, 2010
  2. aoeu

aoeu Well-Known Member

I pirate them. "Download them from torrents for free " makes it sound a legitimate source.

3. am I alive

am I alive Well-Known Member

yeah, me too...there are some reasons for that, first: i am not fan of new Hollywood production, there are many good movies around the world that can't be seen in the movies or be bought, second: i don't have much friends with whom i would like to go, third: i prefer to watch it in the silence of my room so nobody can distract my attention.

4. flyingdutchmen

flyingdutchmen Well-Known Member

geez you guys are still DL-ing, just click the playbutton on stagevu :D

5. boo

boo Well-Known Member

You're streaming them which basically equals the same amount of bandwidth used, might aswell download for future views. :mhmm:

6. flyingdutchmen

:nerd:

this is not about bandwidth, how many times do you watch your movies boo ? did you perhaps forgot how they endet after a month or so :unsure:
    i cant watch a movie more than once, and to be honest there are thousends movies out there why would i want to watch a movie i have seen allready if i can
    choose something new.
    k lets see, 30 min to download, brand, and trow dvd in corner after you seen it because you will watch it only 1 time anyway, or just press that playbutton and enjoy

hmmm though question :D

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 1, 2010
  7. Confusticated

Confusticated Well-Known Member

Actually I tend to watch movies a lot more than once so I'm with Boo on this. In fact a lot of the films I like to watch you have to watch twice. If you watch them again, you notice things that you wouldn't have noticed before. Fight Club for instance, unless you're one of those people (not aimed at anyone in particular) that thinks it's JUST about the whole "beat em' up". There are many other films like that, though.

8. boo

boo Well-Known Member

You'll be surprise how many films require multiple viewing. In fact lots of them are more enjoyable the second time around.

Example : I've seen Inception twice now. OK, bad example,the movie still sucked :D

I've seen at the theater Avatar 4 times, Fellowship of the rings 3 times just to name a few. :p

9. flyingdutchmen

thats where we differ Boo, i cant watch a movie more than once, and in case you didnt know... if stagevu has completed streaming your movie there's a button called DOWNLOAD, guess what that thing does :D

10. boo

boo Well-Known Member

Vanilla Sky is a movie that is much better on the second viewing. BTW Vanilla Sky is better than inception :p

11. KittyGirl

KittyGirl Well-Known Member

I prefer to watch them at the theater- but haven't had the guts to go into a movie theater in a long, long time.

...also-- if you people, downloading for free all the time wish for movies to CONTINUE GETTING MADE- stop and support movies you like. Even movies that 'gain' millions in the box office do not necessarily actually make enough profit to pay all of their production loans and staff off properly; so everyone who likes the movie should purchase it at some point, to help the industry continue on. Same goes for music and animation as well.
    jeez. /endrant

12. dartofabaris

dartofabaris Well-Known Member

...i just play them...then i go to the temporary divx foder...copy paste the file..voila..infinite playtime :)

13. nolonger

nolonger Well-Known Member

Ususally watch anything decent in the cinema.

I once downloaded Pandorum off the net...and holy fuck.....every second was more like 2 seconds when you were watching it. Laggy as shit, took me 3 hours to watch a 1 and a half hour movie....

14. Decode

Decode Well-Known Member

For the latest ones out i usually rent them on blu ray.

15. Confusticated

Confusticated Well-Known Member

I normally only DL if I loved the movie when I paid for it in the cinema and can't wait until it's released to watch it again, or to see whether or not a movie is any good before buying it. In that sense, by DLing, the movie industry are making more money out of me than less! If I had no idea what the film was like, I'd not bother buying it. If I get it, see I like it, I'll then progress to buy it.

16. flyingdutchmen

i know you are in this industry and rely on it but you are ruining our party, i will start supporting hollywood if it starts paying usd 100k / movie to their top actors, untill then...:cool:
    i must admit i am not aware of the exact figures but im sure there is enough made to be made, hollywood is currently making remakes of pretty much every decent foreign movie which comes out, now how would they be able to do this if there is no money to be made?
    the movie industrie needs to change, young people nowadays do not pay anymore to get a mp3 or mp4 file, they pay for stuff like a new cellphone perhaps. pirating cant be stopped anymore. it has been tried various time

17. boo

boo Well-Known Member

In all honesty i would've loved to own every dvd or blu ray of the movies i've seen. That is, if i was mildly well off. I'm a collector at heart so you know... But i don't have the means at all to buy the movies. I rather spend what little i have on my grocery.

18. am I alive

am I alive Well-Known Member

They made good movies and music all around the world, yet they don't have a chance to be seen or heard as it is case with hollywood production, still they manage to survive, how is that?

In Hollywood they pay 20-30mil.$ only for main actor for making some stupid commercial movie which has no an artistic value at all. With that amount of money some talented directors could make great movies, but you know, in this world people are obsessed with celebrities, glamour and all that hype around hollywood.
    The point is, people will always go to the theaters, in many cases they will regret the money they paid because the money didn't fulfill their expectations. I am a big movie fan myself, I do have some of my favourtie movies on DVD, sadly most of them i can't find in stores even if i want to buy it. Btw. i would more like to go to movie festivals, there are really some nice movies and directors that you never heard of them before.

19. IV2010

IV2010 Well-Known Member

I like to go to the theatre (alone ) but lately just watching dvds...at the moment too apathetic to get to the movies...and I can hire 2 dvds for the price of a movie ticket..
    too slow downloading on the 'puter.'
    I'm with boo on watching movies over and over...some just hit the spot and you love to keep watching them

20. 1112222

1112222 Well-Known Member

If it doesn't look shit I'll go see it in the cinema.
    Though I usually tend to wait a couple of weeks after the film has been released so the theater won't be packed full of annoying fuckwits.

Others I'll wait for DVD..

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 2, 2010
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.