How do you prepare for sleep?

Discussion in 'Midnight Owl' started by Petal, Aug 13, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Do you have a ritual that you stick to on a nightly basis?

For me,I have a shower,take multi vitamins and close all the windows:biggrin: then im ready for sleep!!
  2. ZombiePringle

ZombiePringle Forum Buddy and Antiquities Friend

no ritual for me. I stay up for a while after work playing video games or watching something or reading then I just go to sleep when I start to feel tired enough.
  3. wibble

wibble Well-Known Member

My routine is along these lines:

Episode of stargate SG1 or The Shield about 11pm, read some stephen king, wake up at 4am and start the day...
  4. Emily

Emily Active Member

well ive tried so many routines, the one that works best is a mug of coco while im in a hot bubbly bath then read a little and sprey some lavender scent on my pillow. even then it still takes a while for me to drift off.
  5. mike25

mike25 Well-Known Member

Reading helps me doze off. I open the window slightly to let fresh air in through the night. Oh, and a glass of water by my bed!
  6. bluegrey

bluegrey Antiquities Friend

I have a small high carbohydrate snack like pretzel nuggets or gummi bears and read something calming like a science or bicycling magazine instead of the newspaper.
  7. NoGood

NoGood Well-Known Member

It takes me about 2 hours to actually get to sleep, ive always been like that. I found that reading really makes my eyes heavy which helps me sleep.
  8. lostgirl

lostgirl Member

I always find that watching a film is the best way, just leave it on quietly in the background, i always doze off.....espeshally if its a boring one! :)
  9. NoGood

NoGood Well-Known Member

Yea i used to do that. Id put the timer on the tv so id just fall asleep and wouldnt need to find the remote to turn it off. Its annoying when you start getting into the film but cant keep your eyes open :lol!:
  10. AnonymousOne

AnonymousOne Member

I take a shower, go on all the forums I'm a member of and check for new posts/messages, then try to go to sleep. Usually takes like an hour. >.<

Insomnia's evil.
  11. fromthatshow

fromthatshow Staff Alumni

I just make sure a good movie is playing :)
  12. Remedy

Remedy Chat & Forum Buddy

I listen to music and walk around my room before I sleep, have every night for the past ten years when at home.
  13. depleted_soul

depleted_soul Well-Known Member

I don't have a routine. Usually I'm online or watching tv until I get too tired and go to bed.
  14. boo

boo Well-Known Member

I need a shower (the warmth mist relaxes me) then smoke, hot milk and something to read :D
  15. lonercarrot

lonercarrot Well-Known Member

I gotta brush my teeth and wash my face, moisturize, set my alarm clock then put a t-shirt over it cause the light from it will bother me. Then I turn on my fan to drown out other noises... I get my pillows in order. I think that's it.
    Then I usually listen to music and fantasize about living another life for 2 hours.
  16. katrina

katrina Well-Known Member

Drink and read.
  17. plates

plates Well-Known Member

well i should get back to my flat round 7. then prepare a meal, eat, shower and sleep. it takes me 4 hours to do all that. by then i'm exhausted. i should sleep now but i dunno.
  18. Confusticated

Confusticated Well-Known Member

Normally talk to my girlfriend until one of us is too tired to talk anymore. Seems to work quite well most of the time :smile:
  19. plates

plates Well-Known Member

i miss that.
  20. Confusticated

Confusticated Well-Known Member

My mother has some sort of OCD so before she goes to bed, she'll stand there turning the light on and off for about a minute, then checking all the windows are closed at least 4 times, then she'll lock, and unlock, and relock the door a few times, then she'll go up to bed and get me to check everything, including the phone to make sure it's not calling a mobile all by itself. Then of course, she comes down to check the cooker is off, and the iron is off and unplugged, regardless of whether or not she's used it that day. Then, and only then, can she try and get some sleep.

That must be pretty hard to deal with when I think about it.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.