How do you prepare for suicide?

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by Azul, Jul 22, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Azul

Azul Well-Known Member

I'd like to know what people here who are feeling they want to kill themselves or maybe have already tried, what kind of preparations they would make.. Like would you call that friend you haven't spoken to for eight months, would you burn your diaries, stuff like that...

So far my preparation has been to write a goodbye letter, <Mod Edit: Abacus21-method>, burn documents that would reveal something i wouldn't want people to know about; I feel like I'm set to do it.
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 22, 2007
  2. Painttheskyred

Painttheskyred Well-Known Member

Thats the oddest thing i do phone my x-mates , like people i know don't like me but by then i have drunk like a ton of booze ... then i phone my mu and call here every name under the sun then my dad then x-gfs then thats it i thump head agasint the wall about 10 or 12 times them im to dizzy to do anything then i don't go through with it ........... odd really same thing everytime
  3. Wormling

Wormling Well-Known Member

I have been suicidal since Junior High. I dont write anything down, dont talk about it, and avoid all the warning signs so that noone would know at all. I have done research on methods and decided on 1 that is 100% guarunteed to work. I am ex military and know how to make chemical weapons, military grade, and have the ingrediants neer my bed to comfort me. If I ever do feel like ending it, I have a method that I will use that will make it look like an accident, and since I have avoided leaving any evidence of the contrary, my friends will still get my 200,000 doller life insurance money.
  4. Makatak

Makatak Guest

I probably would leave most things as they are (except for using Crap Cleaner to remove all Firefox history of visiting sites like this). So that if the attempt fails, or I chicken out, I can at least clean up whatever mess I made and move on to a Plan B without anybody knowing what happened.
  5. Ukime

Ukime Member

I have done some "diaries-notes" on the desktop the last 2 weeeks.
    So, hmm when they find me they will also find the notes on the computer I hope. Well, i know they will. The notes has my last weeks feelings about life and
    why I had to do it. I just want them to know my last weeks of life and why this had to happend. :unsure:
  6. Abacus21

Abacus21 Staff Alumni

This thread is a potential hotbed for method sharing.

To all who post / have posted in this thread: If any methods of any kind are shared, this thread will be locked.
  7. Dream

Dream Member

Perhaps call a friend. Leave my notes, let some people be reminded that unlike them, I haven't forgotten anything.
  8. Vorath

Vorath Guest

Last few times, done the housework first......dunno why. Then I worte a quick note and that's it. Didn't think about it much and wasn't even very emotional.
  9. Call my ex's up. Or email them. Say goodbye. Leave a note. Long one. Print out my note I did on here a while back for the actual suicide deal. Phone someone up, who's probably one of my closest friends that know about this, or maybe call all of them, tell them goodbye, and do it.

Tends to not go as planned.

Most of these I've done.
    All the attempts I've done, I've always said goodbye.
  10. expressive_child

expressive_child Well-Known Member

If I am sure to commit suicide, I will write as many letters/emails to people I care about and send it all first. If I don't have their address or email, I think I can always text them. I do have a last wish before I die though if I can't fulfill it in time, I will tell someone I am very close with to do that for me if he/she ever got the chance to. If I die, no one will know about my life and all, because all I have is an online diary but I know I have a lot to prepare if I am sure of dying. Even if I want to meet one of two people before I leave, I won't tell them what I intend to do but just express to them everything that I wanted to say but never mention suicide at all. In fact, I already have a list of people that I know I will miss and so I will definitely write them my last words before I go. After all, whats most important is to make sure I say goodbye to everyone I care about. Sometimes I thought of writing those goodbye letters first for safety, and leave a reminder for someone, anyone to send them out for me, just in case, if I didn't make it.

But after all that I have plan and all, I may get to do it in time because I do know, if I am really hell bent and determined to die, I might not wait another minute. Well, but I still want to live right now.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.