How do you react when someone says, "Can I ask you a Personal Question?"

How do you react when someone says, "Can I ask you a Personal Question?"

• I think: Whatever you are about to ask, it's probably none of your business.

Votes: 4 7.0%
  • I start thinking about the best way to politely refuse to answer.

Votes: 6 10.5%
  • It really depends on who is asking.

Votes: 18 31.6%
  • I start thinking about how much I'm willing to tell.

Votes: 12 21.1%
  • My life is an open book. You can ask me anything.

Votes: 9 15.8%
  • Get a paper bag and start to huff and puff anxiously.

Votes: 8 14.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Viro

I always say the same thing - "Ask no questions, hear no lies"

Then, I answer. If it's one person, I'll tell the truth. Anyone else... lie, lie, lie.

Usually I say "Depends, but I guess".
How I react though in my head depends on the person.
For example, if its one of my best friends I trust, I'm pretty chill until I hear the question.
However if its someone thats usually perverted, I panic in my head and worry.

Daijou

The few occasions that someone does ask me 'Can I ask you a personal question?' I'm always curious as to what it is they're wondering.
So usually I'll say go ahead, but I may not answer depending on the question.
And strangely enough, just saying that in response deters so many of them for some reason.
Depending on who it is, I most likely won't answer. I'm a little more open online though, since people there can't hurt me as much as in real life.
Either way though, part of me is happy when someone asks personal questions because it makes me feel a little less invisible.

I never turn down a question, however if its someone who i don't know or am not comfortable with then i just lie. Honestly though, most of the time when people ask me if they can ask me a personal question it's something that i don't care about sharing such as 'how old are you' or something related to sex or drugs and that stuff i don't mind sharing, it's stuff about my mental health that i get a bit more sensitive about. I barely ever get asked about my mental health life though tbh and when i do i like i said it depends who's asking.

nolonger

As long as I can remember, I've never been asked this or something similar to it. There isn't much 'personal' to ask about. What could be classed as personal for me? I barely exist, I only have a few 'secrets' and even then, a few people know about one and everyone else doesn't know the second one.

Not much in my life is personal; there isn't much to get 'personal' over. -__-

assek

i guess i dont mind... but when someone says " we need to talk " that is the time when i start freaking out, and all sorts of thoughts go through my head.

nolonger

i guess i dont mind... but when someone says " we need to talk " that is the time when i start freaking out, and all sorts of thoughts go through my head.
Yes...that scares the living shit out of me! I swear my heart goes from an average of 100 to 210 beats when I hear those words...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$70.00
Goal
$255.00