How do you ride your depressions out.

Discussion in 'Help Me! I Need to Talk to Someone.' started by bluegrey, Oct 24, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bluegrey

bluegrey Antiquities Friend

I am barely able to type this, my legs are jumping from agitated depression. I've barely eaten, done a few chores, lied down, paced around, done push ups/pull ups and just been crying. Friends and family know how I am and have been calling. I am happy to hear from them but even the ring of the phone makes me jump and when I talk on the phone, I cry and can barely speak.

I came out of the hospital about a month ago, having had ECT successfully for my depression. It only lasted about a week and a half. I've had medication changes/additions but in the past year and a half depression, which was the least of my problems (OCD, GAD, PTSD) has become constant and often, like now, so bad getting through the day is hell.

I keep forcing myself to concentrate on hopeful thoughts but I keep wishing to just end my life peacefully and think about carbon monoxide or an overdose. I don't want to hurt the people who love me. If I call my psychiatrist she will just want to put me on Seroquel which makes me a zombie or increase a tricyclic which just worsens my insomnia or have me go back in the hospital. I just want to ride this out. Anyone here is there something you do that helps you through your worst depressions?
  2. andyc68

andyc68 Guest

after i done the usuall stuff like drinking i found that my hobbies helped out, i threw myself into fishing which is just so peaceful.
    i was also honest with myself and got help from friends and docs.
    it differs for each of us, you just got to find what works for you.

stay safe.

i hope you feel more in control soon
  3. snowraven

snowraven Well-Known Member

I'm still trying to work that one out myself but coming here helps. I also feel a bit better if I can get outdoors to somewhere that can remind me how beautiful this planet is. Best of luck.
  4. LenaLunacy

LenaLunacy Well-Known Member

Quite often i'll go to sleep, sometimes i can't sleep cos my mind is racing with thoughts too much. But it helps to be led in the dark in the calm.
    Other times i will put on my favourite music, take a nice hot bath, or watch a film.
  5. Ediciussievol

Ediciussievol Well-Known Member

Here's a video about the beauty of planet earth... wanted to share :hug:
  6. hopeless

hopeless Well-Known Member

for me it depends on what level of depression i'm at. if i'm just starting to get depressed then distractions are a good way to get through it.

if it doesn't work and i start on the downward spiral nothing helps. i usually end up doing something destructive like self-injury to snap me back to reality. (if your not already a cutter, i don't recommend you starting because it's like an addiction and it really compounds the problems)

i often come to SF when i 'm really bad and post or talk in the chat room or use IM

someone usually talks me down for the night and i can make it through the night, nights are the worst for me

i also am living with my in-laws so if i feel really bad and i can manage to get up i will go in there and sit and it helps sometimes

other than that i can't offer much advice, you kind-of have to find your own way

good luck and stay safe:wink:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.