1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How do you ride your depressions out.

Discussion in 'Help Me! I Need to Talk to Someone.' started by bluegrey, Oct 24, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bluegrey

bluegrey Antiquities Friend

I am barely able to type this, my legs are jumping from agitated depression. I've barely eaten, done a few chores, lied down, paced around, done push ups/pull ups and just been crying. Friends and family know how I am and have been calling. I am happy to hear from them but even the ring of the phone makes me jump and when I talk on the phone, I cry and can barely speak.

I came out of the hospital about a month ago, having had ECT successfully for my depression. It only lasted about a week and a half. I've had medication changes/additions but in the past year and a half depression, which was the least of my problems (OCD, GAD, PTSD) has become constant and often, like now, so bad getting through the day is hell.

I keep forcing myself to concentrate on hopeful thoughts but I keep wishing to just end my life peacefully and think about carbon monoxide or an overdose. I don't want to hurt the people who love me. If I call my psychiatrist she will just want to put me on Seroquel which makes me a zombie or increase a tricyclic which just worsens my insomnia or have me go back in the hospital. I just want to ride this out. Anyone here is there something you do that helps you through your worst depressions?

2. andyc68

andyc68 Guest

after i done the usuall stuff like drinking i found that my hobbies helped out, i threw myself into fishing which is just so peaceful.
    i was also honest with myself and got help from friends and docs.
    it differs for each of us, you just got to find what works for you.

:hug:

stay safe.

i hope you feel more in control soon

3. snowraven

snowraven Well-Known Member

I'm still trying to work that one out myself but coming here helps. I also feel a bit better if I can get outdoors to somewhere that can remind me how beautiful this planet is. Best of luck.

4. LenaLunacy

LenaLunacy Well-Known Member

Quite often i'll go to sleep, sometimes i can't sleep cos my mind is racing with thoughts too much. But it helps to be led in the dark in the calm.
    Other times i will put on my favourite music, take a nice hot bath, or watch a film.

5. Ediciussievol

Ediciussievol Well-Known Member

Here's a video about the beauty of planet earth... wanted to share :hug:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8jP8CC2rKj4

6. hopeless

hopeless Well-Known Member

for me it depends on what level of depression i'm at. if i'm just starting to get depressed then distractions are a good way to get through it.

if it doesn't work and i start on the downward spiral nothing helps. i usually end up doing something destructive like self-injury to snap me back to reality. (if your not already a cutter, i don't recommend you starting because it's like an addiction and it really compounds the problems)

i often come to SF when i 'm really bad and post or talk in the chat room or use IM

someone usually talks me down for the night and i can make it through the night, nights are the worst for me

i also am living with my in-laws so if i feel really bad and i can manage to get up i will go in there and sit and it helps sometimes

other than that i can't offer much advice, you kind-of have to find your own way

good luck and stay safe:wink:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.