How do you stay motivated through temptations?

Discussion in 'I Have a Question...' started by nicesinging1, Sep 12, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nicesinging1

nicesinging1 Well-Known Member

As we know, life has so many temptations. But to me, even seemingly harmless things like sleep, foods, and Internet can be a great distraction. I always admired people who are highly motivated and have great work ethic. And it is hard to admit that I still lack that intensity and firepower to elevate myself without outside influence.
    I have to be honest with myself. I still want to eat till I am full in my belly. I still want to sleep 10 hrs a day if I could. I want to play Internet 5 hrs per day just for playing around, not work.
    My goal is clear. I know what I want to be. But I have to sacrifice my life on those things mentioned above in order to accomplish that. Even today, I know I should be studying for my future/ambition. But instead, I feel like, "You worked from Mon. to Fri. Why work hard even on weekend? Just relax and watch TV."
    Can anyone help me with insight on how to push through those temptations?
  2. Celebrated Thing

Celebrated Thing Well-Known Member

Making changes of any kind can be uncomfortable cause your creating new expiriences. You can try focusing on how great the result will be instead of how inconvient the change is. To get different results you have to try new expiriences. And if you keep trying at the changes, the easier it will start to get. You can also start with small changes, like if you really want to watch tv instead of study, then study for an hour and reward yourself with 30 minutes of TV. I hope this helps and makes any sense. I havent slept in two days so I apologize if this doesnt make sense. Best of luck and keep positive and make sure to be proud of all the progress you make, especially the little victories.
  3. mike25

mike25 Well-Known Member

Maybe consider what is of real value in the grand scheme of things. Maybe try abstaining from those things one weekend and see how it goes. Thing is, everybody needs some down time to relax, so just try to find a balance.
  4. ProjectRainbow

ProjectRainbow Banned Member

People with a strong ethic are usually vaguely retarded or just following a strict reigime by society.

Try to weigh up the value of this reffered gratification.
  5. you could use your temptations as motivations , although that never works for me ...... temptations are a body thing , motivation is a mind thing , the body loves nothing more than having its needs met and just relaxing , but the mind has all sorts of crazy ideas and adventures that the body just ain t interested in !!!! i guess it s a case of constantly bringing in reinforcements for the mind , because it s always trying to win over the overwhelming forces of bodiness , i mean the body just sees mind with all its silly unneccessary nonsense things !!!!!!!! how are these going to help me to continue survival he says but the mind is in a world of his own and the world says that the mind should try really hard !!!!!!!!!!!!!! it s true there is talent in all of our minds if you want it but just don t expect the body to go along willingly it s basically swimming upstream and to swim upstream the only thing that s going to get you far is hard work i guess ....
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.