How do you stop being a slut?

Discussion in 'I Have a Question...' started by unregistered5655, Mar 25, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. No explanation needed.Serious question unfortunately.

2. Beautiful Disaster

Beautiful Disaster Forum Buddy SF Supporter

haha most guys call me a slut when I let them know I am not interested in them at all

hahaha

3. crookxshanks

crookxshanks Well-Known Member

how about giving yourself some time to be you. most people feel that the only way to be loved and feel love is to sleep a lot around when in fact sometimes that can do more damage than good. so how about giving yourself some quality time. learn to say 'no, im not interested' and it will make you feel stronger when given the situation. if you can have control over a situation like that it might boost your self-esteem a little.

4. Stop having sex with so many people would generally be how it's done.

5. Beautiful Disaster

Beautiful Disaster Forum Buddy SF Supporter

sometimes someone feels like he or she is a slut
    that feeling is not gone by stopping sleeping around..

6. mdmefontaine

mdmefontaine Antiquities Friend

why would you define yourself as a slut? it is such a derogatory term. a negative label.

why not re-phrase your question. perhaps ask ""how can i start being more selective about who can touch my body, heart, and soul?"

and the answer may be. . . to find yourself to be a unique treasure, a person of worth and value. to love yourself. then you could be very choosy in whom you let closest. you could spend time getting to know someone before having sex. you could become friends, and see if the person is worthy of letting into your innermost psyche. our sexual part is closest to our inner-core. when we are damaged there it seems to affect all the layers outward and outward. . .

there are ways to manage sexual desire and frustration. however, most of the time when someone sleeps with a lot of different partners, it is usually to meet needs for intimacy, closeness and affection. there are other ways to meet these needs.

be choosy and share yourself only with the right person. it's your choice. your body. your heart. your soul. share yourself with someone who treasures you or no one at all.

7. aoeu

aoeu Well-Known Member

Take some time off from sex. I suspect there are underlying emotional issues if you feel like a slut. There's nothing wrong with promiscuous sex... just don't cheat on your partner and do it safely... but if you feel like a slut there's something wrong with the situation. So take a break and clear your head, and think about it all.

8. Stranger1

Stranger1 Forum Buddy & Antiquities Friend

For one thing start saying no...If you want a serious relationship guys like the game..Be more mysterious and let them wow you before you decide to sleep with them..I think you will find the sex more fullfilling when you actually have emotions mixed in there also..

9. Scum

Scum Well-Known Member

Maybe look for the reasons behind the behaviour and try to deal with that.

10. andyc68

andyc68 Guest

you just need to believe in yourself more, this is a need for love and comfort but in the wrong way, its always good to make guys wait before you get intimate, then you know they are interested in you for who you are.

but i think i told you this last nite :tongue:

11. jameslyons

jameslyons Well-Known Member

Don't think of yourself in terms like that! :mad:

People here have good suggestions:

1.) Are you having sex to get something like attention, affection, intimacy?

2.) Do you feel confident enough to tell somebody "no"?

3.) Why are you focused on being labeled a slut? The self-loathing is sad to hear.

12. Aurora Gory Alice

Aurora Gory Alice Well-Known Member

I agree with James. It sounds like you could be having sex to get something that you're lacking.
    Intimacy? Love? Affection? Attention?

The sad thing is all of these things you usually don't get from casual sex, you fool yourself into thinking they're there through another persons touch.

I used to be the same, in the end I just stayed away from men. I told myself I needed a break from men and kept my distance. Try to spend more time with your friends or try to make some new ones, you could try making them online if you don't know any people in your area.
    It may help you with those feelings of attention and affection.

Good luck.

13. wheresmysheep

wheresmysheep Staff Alumni

james, you are just a mine of great ideas, seriously :tongue:

and you have a therapist hun, use it.
    talk about ths, its what they are for

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.